Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
5 Days 4 nights residential Young Adventurer Camp is brought to you by GHAC and Outlife and is being conducted for Children of Age Group of 8 to 15 years ( Boys and Girls)
Now a days children spend less time in Nature and the outdoors than any earlier generation, depriving themselves of the emotional and physical benefits that come from bonding with nature leading to a disorder known as Nature Deficit Disorder. Instead of “going green,” the young ones are “going screen". Indian Kids spend an average daily 8 hours on TV, Games and Gadgets.
Nature deficit disorder refers to a hypothesis by Richard Louv in his 2005 book Last Child in the Woods that human beings, especially children, are spending less time outdoors resulting in a wide range of behavioral problems.
The Advernture Camp gives children the opportunity to connect with the natural world and learn all the outdoor skills they have been missing all these years.
Children who attend such camps often show an increase in self-confidence and independence. They learn positive values from positive role models and gain leadership and communication skills outside of the school and home setting. Children have a chance to develop as individuals and are given the freedom to be themselves
The Children will learn practical outdoor and life skills turning them into a confident, creative and self reliant individuals.
Activities include Nature and Adventure based Learning, Outdoor Skills, Cultural and Personality Development Activities.
Stay will be in Camping tents with Basic Hygiene, Mobile Toilets and Safety.
All our Staff is CPR and First Aid Certified. a Paramedic with vehicle will be available at the camp on all days. We have a male and female on sentry duty through out the night.
The following activities and Topics will be covered.
• Knots and Lashing
• Tent Pitching and Trenching
• Outdoor Skills - Fire, water, Shelter, Food
• Star Gazing
• Rock Climbing and Rappelling
• River Crossing
• Raft Building
• Outdoor Cooking
• Map Reading and Navigation
• Treasure Hunt
• Team Games
The Camp is in a serene natural location which is safe and provides common facilities.
Please check the following file for instructions on things to bring and camp policy.
Things to Bring
• Bandanna or scarf
• Sun Hat / Cap
• Prescription medication if any
• Dress clothes - 3 T Shirts / Full Track Pants / Under Garments
• Wind Sheeter or Jacket.
• Night Wear - Pyjamas and Tshirts.
• Swim Shorts for boys (optional)
• Swimsuit for girls (optional)
• UV protection cream / Sun Screen Cream
• Canvas / Sports/ Trekking shoes
• Slippers/ Floaters
• 3 pair Socks
• 2 Bed Sheets and a Pillow
• Comb or brush
• Hygiene products and Toiletries
• Mosquito repellent Cream
• Bathing Soap
• Washing Soap for clothes.
• Tissue paper
• Steel Plate, Steel Mug, Spoon and a Lunch Box
• Toothbrush and toothpaste
• Camera - Optional
• Flashlight/ Torch
• Reusable 1 litre water bottle
• 2 Garbage Bags
• zip-locks to keep small items together
Outdoor Kit (To be separately packed in a small bag or pouch)
• Small Mirror
• Map reading Compass (you get this at Himalaya stationary shop)
• 5 meter cotton rope 1/4 inch thick you get this at hardware or military stores
• Basic First Aid Kit. ( Bandaid, Cotton Gauze, Antiseptic Cream, Pain Balm like moov or iodex)
Important: Participants have to label their clothing and belongings with their name.
What not to bring to the camp
• Cell phones, tablets, game players, Toys, DVD players, mp3 players, radios, e-readers, or video recorders or other electronic devices are not allowed in the camp. Any devices found will be confiscated and returned at end of the camp.
• Jewelry, expensive watches, Cash are not to be brought to the camp.
• Make-up or expensive clothing
• No perfumes or aerosol / pressured deodorants
• Personal sports equipment
• Knifes, Weapon, Sharp Objects, Matches, Cigarettes or alcohol are not allowed in the camp.
• Any prohibited items found with anyone will invite disciplinary action and removal from camp.
• No food, snacks, or candy to be carried. Healthy Veg Meals and Snacks will be provided to the kids at all times. Food at Camp is vegetarian only.
Outlife is committed to preserving the spirit of the adventure camp. In our opinion, a cell phone, personal media players and other electronic devices inhibits one’s link with camp experiences and diminishes the capacity to grow within a team and the natural environment. For these reasons we prohibit participants from bringing cell phones and other electronics to camp. we have also found that kids who bring cell phones have a harder time adjusting to camp life and can have more difficulty with homesickness.
A large part of camp is learning to be independent and you can help your child succeed by making sure the camp rules are followed.
Participants cannot leave the camp site on their own anytime during the entire duration of the camp without informing the instructors.
No arguing, name-calling, or swearing, biting or hair pulling. Fights and quarrels and bullying are not allowed on the camp. Any fighting may warrant a disciplinary action.
Camp Discipline Policy:
1. If a child is unable to comply with the behavior expectations, a time-out will be given. The number of minutes of time-out will not exceed the child’s age in years. Timeouts are always supervised by an adult.
2. If the unexpected behavior is repeated the second time the child will not participate in the entire activity.
3. If the unexpected behavior is repeated the third time a counselling will be held by the Camp Coordinator with the child and the Camp Coordinator will speak directly with the parent(s)/guardian.
4. If the child’s behavior continues to be disruptive and/or unsafe, the child will be subject to dismissal from the remainder of camp without any refund and the parent and guardian will be asked to take away their child from the camp.
The Facilitators range from Adventurers, Naturalists, Army Officers, Outdoor Facilitators and Teachers.
Diyanat Ali - Founder, GHAC, Outlife - https://www.linkedin.com/in/diyanat
Ashwini - Camp Counsellor
Location: Divya Retreat, Keesara, 45 KMs from Hyderabad
Early Bird Rs 8,500/- if paid by 11th Oct
Late Registration: 9500/- if paid after 11th Oct
1) Make Payment through meraevents link given above.
3) Download the Camp Instructions Document
Last date for Registration is 20 Oct 2015
Contact: 040-68888197 / 09603473470 firstname.lastname@example.org