Sale Date Ended
Bibhu Datta Rout is co-founder and CEO of StoryMirror - A tech startup promoting literature and building largest community of readers & writers on one single platform.
He is author of best selling novel "Wheels Of Wish".
Before co-founding StoryMirror, he experienced 17 years of corporate life which includes rich experiences from Barclays, UBS, Citi, Credit Suisse, etc.
A voracious reader and art lover, he dreams of building biggest repository of creativity at one single platform.
This meetup will cover discussions over following topics:
Writing a bestseller
1. How to make your plots and subplots
2. Building the protagonist (single vs multiple protagonist)
3. Making the chapters and characters
4. Suspense tree
5. Transition between chapters
6. Case Study 1 - Understanding few transition of scenes.
7. Time (linear vs non-linear transition)
10. Conflict ( Level of conflicts, time period of the conflict, depth)
11. Case Study 2 - Alignment of objects and relationship web
12. Story Triangle
13. Writing intense scenes ( pause, choice of words, expressions DB )
15. Basic flaws of writing
16. Case Study 3 - Understanding few best sellers writing styles
17. How to do research
18. Case Study 4 - Scene writing
19. Case Study 5 - Reading goal
20. Case Study 6 - Target based and time bound writing
1. Difference between self and traditional publishing
2. How to choose a publisher
3. What questions you should ask before you sign a contract
4. Contract terms and conditions
5. Various publishing houses in India and overseas.
6. Understanding the various pros and cons of publishing houses.
1. How to choose a marketing plan
2. Setting the goal
3. Social media, email marketing and WhatsApp marketing
4. Off-line activities
5. Road map of a marketing plan ( budget vs outcome)
6. Case Study -1 Marketing strategies of few StoryMirror books
7. Case Study -2 Marketing strategies of few International best sellers