At the working level, the core safety management functions of Integrated Safety Management provide the necessary structure for any work activity that could potentially affect the public, the workers, company assets, surrounding community and the environment. The functions are applied as a continuous cycle with the degree of rigor appropriate to address the type of work activity and the hazards involved. Safety is an integral part of the management process of an organizationand the effectiveness of safety programs is related to the safety management systems of the organization
and top management support. This integrated approach to process safety management by integration of all important safety elements and various safety management systems are now proven for achieving safety excellence. In industries the unexpected releases of toxic, reactive, or flammable liquids and gases in processes involving highly hazardous chemicals have been reported for many years and many untoward incidents continue to occur worldwide in various industries that use chemicals, highly hazardous materials which may be toxic, reactive, flammable, or explosive,
or may exhibit a combination of these properties.
Integrated Safety Management
A significant part of an organization's safety culture takes root, flourishes, and is sustained in and by operations where routine processes take place. Safety is a company-wide effort, but the task of ensuring the safety of these protocols, and the employees who run them, falls largely on the shoulders of managers responsible for safe operation and maintenance of the facility. The managers and shop floor supervisors have frequent and direct contact with employees, and have the huge influence to affect behavior, monitor safety compliance, and dictate the tenor of a safety culture. This approach combines the implementation and practice of our own safety methodology, the knowledge gained from worldwide incident investigations. This help in achieving management goals and objectives. The flexibility of the approach offers the choice of engaging in a comprehensive organization-wide transformation program or tailoring a training package that focuses on the safety leadership competencies required to meet desired results. The consolidated approach to safety requires addressing the various safety initiatives simultaneously to involve all the level of employees and management for the noble purpose of Total Loss Control.
One benefit of building integrated approach is to manage any element of safety under any organization’s conditions, regardless of the size and subject of activity of the given organization. A benefit in practice is that it brings closer the general objective or aim, of Zero Incident or Zero Harm.
Developed by industry experts and practitioners using Integrated Safety Management describes the benefits to participants as under.
• Understand and apply the principles of safety leadership in communicating and nurturing value for safety.
• Help to develop the skill for the avoidance of catastrophic events that result in loss of facilities, injuries and human health impacts.
• Identify and implement safety observations to recognize and help prevent incidents and enhance safety culture
• Establishing improved safety culture by the active involvement of all levels of employees in site-specific safety programs.
• Reduction in incidents with increased measures by planning for proactive measures and to follow best practices for improving safety performance.
• Develop and encourage safety networks among employees by their active involvement in all safety activities
• Reduces operational risk and provides significant direct cost benefits by eliminating the possibilities of any untoward Incident.
Event saved successfully!
Email to Friends and Colleagues
You are invited to attend World Class Safety Leadership High Reliability and Zero Harm