Sale Date Ended
A 2 day workshop on microcontroller interfacing &voice controlled robotics.
At first, there was a keypad then came in the touch screen. And the future awaits the rampant use of voice commands as input instructions, all over the world. But the present holds the key to unfurl the potential of voice control in various fields. Here is an opportunity for the techies to learn the rudimentary skills in the field of voice control robotics.
The workshop also aims to introduce the basics of micro controllers and interfacing that shall help you with the coding part, which often is seen as a hindrance to a quality project.
So grab this opportunity to broaden your technical horizon this year where VYOM’13 in its pre-fest workshop section brings to you detailed hands on workshop and coding experience in embedded system in association with IEEE-PEC and PlaywithRobots.
* Full course on Embedded Systems ,Microcontroller and Interfacing
* Kit will be provided to each individual to have better learning experience.
* Cost includes Kit in which you will have a general purpose development board of ATmega8 microcontroller inclusive of Microcontroller with motor driver and serial communication circuit and hardware to program it.
* Introduction to Embedded C language, AVR Studio-6 and Microsoft Visual studio.
* Basic to Advance Workshop , so no prerequisites at all
* Certificate of Participation from IEEE – PEC
* Developing a Voice Controlled Robot
The whole workshop is divided into 2 days and will cover all the aspects of Micro-controller Programming, Interfacing and along with it building a grammar for voice recognition and controlling a robot using that grammar.
Day Wise Breakup (DAY-1)
* Overview of available microcontrollers
* The AVR series of microcontroller and its core
* Its features and capabilities
* Full description of the circuit used in the kit
* Embedded C
* Use of Software AVR Studio-6
* Use of burner/flashing tool
* Writing code in embedded C
* Accessing various functions of microcontroller using embedded C
* DC Geared motors
* Motor driver using L293D IC
* H-bridge Concept for motor drivers
* PWM Control
* RS232 Basics
* Level Conversion Technique
* Writing Algorithm for Data Transfer from PC to MCU and vice versa
SERIAL COMMUNICATION CONTINUED
* Baud Rate
* USART Introduction
* Testing serial communication using HyperTerminal in PC
INTERFACING SERIAL COM AND MOTOR DRIVER
* Controlling robot using PC
SPEECH CONTROL PART
* Introduction to Visual Studio software.
* Introduction to speech recognition.
* Building & Compiling Grammar
* Brief demo of Microsoft speech recognition SDK.
* Writing code for speech recognition in Visual studio.
* Interfacing robot with Visual studio.
Participants having a valid ID card of their respective educational institutions are eligible for the workshop.
This is a basic to advance level workshop and hence there are no pre requisites for it. People should carry their own headset with microphone, as it will not be provided and their personal laptops. Personal Laptop should have Windows 7/vista/XP. (NO WINDOWS 8)
Date - 2nd & 3rd March 2013
Duration -2 day workshop
Cost of Workshop - Rs 900 for 2 days. Discount code of Rs 100 is mailed to all those students who had register before 1 Feb 2013 at playwithrobots.com.
Venue - PEC University of Technology, Sec -12 Chandigarh
NOTE: Due to limited availability of seats for the workshop, registrations will be done purely on first come first serve basis.
Purchase the event ticket online, Hurry up only 6 seats left( on 26/02/13)!!!.( registration closes on 1st march). Last date for booking ticket is 27th Feb 2013.
All participants should be present in all the sessions. Failing this, no certificate shall be awarded to the participants.
Take away kit contents
Kit would be given to individual participant.
1. Certificate of Participation from IEEE- PEC
2. Software Resource Kit .
3. Kit contains a general purpose development board (inclusive of microcontroller atmega 8) with motor driver and serial communication circuit. Chassis and Motors are not the part of the kit.
4. A USB-TTL converter for programming and communication purpose.