Sale Date Ended
About Visapur Fort:
Visapur Fort in Lonavala, compared to its Twin brother Lohagad, is larger and at a higher altitude. You will get to see within the fort are a lot of old houses, caves, cisterns of water and a decorated arch. These two roofless buildings surrounded by outer or veranda walls said to have once been Government offices. People call the ruins present of a large stone-built house as the Peshwa’s palace. Youll get to see a lot of small temples of Lord Hanuman (Maruti) across the fort. They say Lord Hanuman was likely the patron deity of Visapur fort.
History: The long history of Visapur is ripe with conflicts between the Marathas and the Mughals. In 1818, it came under the rule of British ColnelProthe. But this was only after it was passed to and fro between the Mughals and Marathas. The consistent wars left gaping holes in the fort’s interiors.
Nearby Attractions: Lohagad Fort, Bhaje Caves, Pawna lake, Hanuman Temples
Date – 24th June 2017
1. Take the Indrayani Express Train from CST
a. 05.40am Train from CST
b. 05.51am Dadar
c. 06.14am Thane
d. 06.35am Kalyan
e. 08.00am Lonavala
People from Pune, take below local train -
6.30am Lonavala Local which takes you to Lonavala by 7.50am
2. Once we get down at Lonavala station, we will start our journey towards the base village in a private vehicle arranged by us.
3. Breakfast will be ready for the group and we will enjoy it over a quick round of introduction.
4. After the know each other session, we will begin our trek.
5. We will first explore the Bhaje caves
6. Once done, we will proceed to our Visapur Fort exploration which will take approximately 2 hours.
7. Will descend to our base village after the trek and will be welcomed with delicious home made lunch
8. We have arranged private vehicle to drop us all to Lonavala railway station post our lunch.
9. The trek ends here with loads of happy memories, beautiful photos and an addiction for more trekking experience. Will depart to our ways after a group photo only to meet again in next treks
Things to carry –
1. Min 2 Litre of Water Bottle
2. Good Trekking Shoes, or Sandals with proper grip
3. A set of clothes, a towel/napkin, min 2 newspapers
4. Mosquito Repellent cream like Odomos
5. Lots of plastic bags to protect your all belongings
6. Any medicines if required at individual level(Leaders will have basic medical kit)
7. Raincoat if required by Individual
1. For Individual or group up to 7 people - INR 899/-
2. For a group booking of 8 or more – INR 849/-
3. Ninja Camps Elite Members – INR 849/-
1. Morning Tea and Breakfast
2. Veg home made Lunch after the trek
3. Foodie Bag to carry along trek
4. Pickup and Drop vehicle from Lonavala to Base Village and back to Lonavala station
5. Leader’s expertise Charges
1. Anything which is not mentioned above
2. Insurance of any kind
Maximum Capacity – 50
1. Consumption of alcohol and smoking are strictly prohibited. If found even after warning issued, the person will be asked to leave by the leader.
2. Consumption of non-vegetarian food is also not allowed over the trek
3. Any plastic waste should not be thrown over the trek and same should be kept with you. You can deposit all waste in the dust bin at base village once trek is over
4. Due to rainy season, schedule can be changed at run time. Such decision will be taken by group leaders
5. If anyone misses the morning train to Lonavala, then it will be their responsibility to reach Lonavala Station by 8am. Failing to do so, one won’t be able to join the trek as the group will not wait for any delay, no queries for refund will be entertained further.
Refund Rules –
1. Refund up to 75% will be from to 7 days before up to 15 days before the trek date
2. Refund of 50% will be provided from 3 days before up to 7 days before the trek date
3. No refund with 3 days before the trek date
For more details about the event and payment,
NINJA CAMPS - A lot can happen over a Campfire!!