Velas Turtle Festival 2016
Sale Date Ended
Information About Turtle Festival at Velas:-
The Turtle Festival at Velas is annually organized by Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra (SNM) and the Kasav Mitra Mandal (KMM), during the period of February to March. This festival is attended by nature lovers, marine turtle enthusiasts, volunteers, known personalities in the field of conservation, tourists and people who just want to witness this moment, at least once in a lifetime!
Velas is the birth place of Nana Phadnis, one of the great prominent personalities in Maratha history. Due to the sea-shore Velas is an existing place and it is situated nearBankot Bay. There is an old temple of Shri Bhairi- Rameshwar and in this temple all twelve months water is made available taking the benefit of favorable geographical conditions. A statue of Nana Phadnis is present outside his house. In Velas Mahalakshmi temple and Nana Phadnis house are the places to visit. Gokulashtami Festival is one of the important festival in Velas.Velas is also one of the popular breeding sites of Olive Ridley, which is an endangered species of turtle.
Bankot is a square shaped fort. On the sides of Bankot fort, there is a dry moat (Revni) dug out in the Jambhya stone. Jambhya stone is peculiar type of stone adorning a purple shade and peculiarly it is incapable of storing water as the water invariable percolates through it owing to its much porous nature. The main entrance (Mahadarwaja) of the fort is north-facing with a well sculpted arch and carvings. Watch guards dug out (Devdya) align on both sides of the Mahadarwaja with some pits being dug out in the right Devdi. On the left, there are steps leading towards Nagarkhana while there is an underground storey and a tunnel on the right. A Maruti idol in the centre stands deserted now. On the west, there is a small entrance (Darwaja) leading to a Bastion on the exterior of the fortifications. A deep well (now dry and filled) occupied the centre of this bastion earlier and the adjacent water tanks too are dry and obsolete now. One can leave the Buruj via a small exit that leads to the surrounding moat and a beautiful “Revni” lying nearby.
This photo walk is for whom?
Shutter Bugs (Photographers)
Children / School Children's
Families / Friends
In short Everyone !!!
Outing Duration: 2 Night / 2 day
18th Mar 2016, Friday
- Gather at Pick up Point - Plus Valley Adventure Office, 3, Anand Complex, Alkapuri Society, Opp. Hotel Kinara, Above Bata Showroom, Vanaz Corner, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune- 411029.
- Start our journey Towards Velas @ 11:30 pm
19th Mar 2016, Saturday
- Reach Velas in the early morning.
- Get fresh and Visit Velas Beach.
- Have lunch in the afternoon & rest.
- Visit Velas beach again @ 4:30 pm Photography Session
- Observe the turtle nests and explore the Velas beach.
- Have Dinner @ 8:30 pm
- Sleeping Time
20th Mar 2016, Sunday
- Early Morning wakeup call @ 5:30 am
- Visit Velas beach @ 6:30 am
- Visit to Velas beach for turtle sighting
- After breakfast proceed towards Bankot Fort / beach.Post lunch proceed back to Pune
- Reach Pune by 9.00 pm
- Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process. So the emerging possibility of turtles on the mentioned dates cannot be guaranteed.
- The above beaches have strong RIP currents so we will not allow you to go into the water with or without Life jacket / Life Guards
Fees: Rs. 2500/- (Include All Taxes) per person
• Travelling from Pune to Pune by Private NON AC BUS,
• Food Expenses (only Veg),
• Accommodation Charges. (Dormitary / Home Stay type Accommodation will be provided)
• Turtle Festival and Velas Beach Entry Charges
• Sightseeing as per the schedule
• Expertise & Guide Charges
• Ferryboat charges
• All entry tickets and permissions
• Provision of primary first aid
Cold Drinks, Mineral Water, etc.
Private orders of any food.
Personal expenditure of any kind.
Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
Any other charges not specifically mentioned in "Fee Includes".
- Maximum batch size is 25 participants.
For Registration Please Mail us at plusvalleyadventure@gmail.
Call us on Contact –
Plus Valley Adventure – 7720080918
Anurag – 8308962700
Prajakta – 8380054989
Payment Method -
1. In a Bank Account of Plus Valley Adventure.
Bank Details -
Account Name - Plus Valley Adventure.
A/c number - 915020032483908
Bank - Axis Bank LTD.
Branch - Paud Road
IFSC Code - UTIB0001894
(Note - Only Cheque deposits and NEFT transfers.
No cash deposit)
2. You can Pay the cash in our Office. Receipt will be given to you.
Address - Plus Valley Adventure Office, 3, Anand Complex, Alkapuri Society, Opp. Hotel Kinara, Above Bata Showroom, Vanaz Corner, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune- 411029.
Hurry... Limited Seats...
Book Yours Now..!