Overnight Sky Show at Vangani
Sale Date Ended
Khagol Mandal announces 2nd overnight programme of 29th season at Vangani on 20 December 2014. The program starts at 7.00 pm (IST) in the evening and runs up to 5.00 am (IST) next morning. The general outline of the programme is as follows:
Date: Saturday 20 December 2014
Language of Instructions: MARATHI
VENUE: Khagol Mandal site, Chavan Farm House, Vangani
Entry by Pre-booking only
1900 to 1930 hours: Registration for the programme
1930 to 1945 hours: Introduction of Telescopes
1945 to 2030 hours: First Sky Session
2030 to 2200 hours: Observations through Telescope
2200 to 2300 hours: Dinner Break
2300 to 0100 hours: Interactive Session
0100 to 0130 hours: Tea Break
0130 to 0230 hours: Second Sky Session
0230 to 0430 hours: Observations through Telescope
These timings are tentative and may vary slightly depending on seasons and sky condition.
Rs. 130 /-per person for Non Members
Rs. 100/-per person for students from 8 to 16 years and members. Entry free for kids below 8 yrs.
The charges are for the upkeep of the place and the rents to be paid. Tea given during the programme is complimentary from Khagol Mandal.
The charges are non-refundable, even if the programme does not take place, because of incidental heavy rains or for any other reason beyond our control.
You should carry your dinner tiffin, a cup for tea, mattress / chatai for seating on open ground, sweaters, hand gloves, head scarf / muffler, Water bottle, small torch (covered with red cellophane paper).
Please note that we are not able to provide any of the above things at the site.
Location and How to reach:
Khagol Mandal Sky Observation Site
At Chavan Farm House
Next to Vidya Vikas School
Tarangan Marg (Savara Road), Vangani (W)
The observation site is at a walkable distance from Vangani Railway Station (about 10 minutes’ walk),
which is on Central Railway of Mumbai Suburb. The 4.30 pm train on Karjat route from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) will take you to Vangani at about 6.00 pm. Vangani is a station next to Badlapur Station.
CST- Karjat: 1630 (Dep) : 1800 (Arr)
Thane-Karjat: 1749 (Dep) : 1849 (Arr)
All trains going to Karjat and Khopoli stop at Vangani. For train timings refer to www.mumbailifeline.com
Our volunteers will receive you at the station and take to field by walking.
The path going towards our site has been named as "Tarangan Marg" by the villagers of Vangani.
Please note that the program ends at 4 am on Sunday morning and there is no return train from Vangani after midnight.
Train Timings for Departure towards Mumbai at Vangani Station:
0403 am, 0459 am, 0517 am, 0544 am, 0614 am.
You can come by your own vehicle. We do not provide specific parking space at the farmhouse.
There is lot of free space around road where you can park your vehicle at your own risk.
For details check: www.khagolmandal.com
For further details send mail: email@example.com
1. Entry strictly by pre-booking
2. All attendants must comply to instructions given by Coordinator during the program.
3. Drinking of alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited on site. If a person is found violating this condition, he / she will have to pack up and leave the site.
4. This is an educational program intended to propagate astronomy amongst everyone. All are requested to maintain discipline, harmony and behavious towards all participants.
5. Khagol Mandal is a registered voluntary organization and all speakers, telescope staff members are voluntarily spending their time to help interested people in understanding the beauty of universe. This is not a commercial activity and all participants are requested to note the spirit of the activism and cooperate.
6. Coordinators reserve the right to deny entry, debar a person from the field or take appropriate action depending on the situation. Mere possesion of event invitation need not guarantee entry at the site.