Rajmachi Kondana Trek
Sale Date Ended
TreksandTrails, India invites you for Fireflies Special Trek to Rajmachi and Kondane Caves on 22nd - 23rd May 2015
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3600 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade: Easy- medium
Range: Karjat Lonavala
Cost: Rs 1000.00
Rajmachi is a small village located in Karjat. It is known for trekking, and the best one for a begineer to start with. There are two forts named Shrivardhan and Manaranjan to climb and enjoy the view from about 2,700 feet height.
[One can enjoy this location in every season, Summer (May-June) for fireflies, Monsoons for greenary and waterfalls, Winter for camping]
We meet at 11:30 at CST station on Friday 22nd May. Catch the train to Lonavala (16351/Mumbai CST-Nagercoil Balaji Express)
Following timings of the train is available from these station.
(CST is more preferable as we can find seats and travel comfortably)
15:15 Auto rickshaw ride from Lonavala ST bus depot till Tungarli dam base.
15:30 Tungarli Dam
16:00 Walk/Hike from Tungarli Dam to Rajmachi Village - Walk through the trees full of fireflies (15-17kms)
20:00 Reach to the base village.
21:00 Go to the campsite, pitch the tents, sit beside the campfire, enjoy games.
(You may choose to sleep and miss out on all the late-night fun, completely optional)
06:30 Wake Up (For those who slept)
07:30 Start the climb to Manoranjan fort and Shrivardhan Fort.
12:30 Lunch and rest
13:30 Start the descend from Rajmachi to Kondhane Village (3 hrs)
16:00 Explore Kondhane caves on the way
17:00 Reach to the village, have some refreshments and leave for Karjat.
18:30 Karjat railway station
We would be getting back to Dadar at 21:00 (Subjective).
This includes travel cost from Lonavala to Tungarli dam base,
1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch, travel cost from Kondhane Village to Karjat station. TrekandTrails India charges (Tents / accomodation / guide).
Things to carry
- Haversack (Bag) to keep hands free.
- water bottle 2-3 litres (Mandatory)
- Good pair of shoes. (Mandatory)
- Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory).
- Extra Pair of Clothes.
- Ready to eat food (plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks, biscuits, etc)
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Sleeping bag or yoga mattress and a blanket.
- Personal medicines.
- Sweaters if required.
(Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek. Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, paper plates, tissue papers)
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk)
7. You can carry your camera at your own risk.
Payment made is non refundable and non transferable.
For Registration transfer Rs. 1000.00 per person in the given a/c.
Important Note: One needs to deposit full payment into the following bank account to confirm his/her registration.
Bank Name: Citibank
Account No: 5490671112
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name:Muhammed Yahya Virani
IFSC code: CITI0100000
Please send the name and number of each participants after you have made the payment.
For further inquiries contact,
Rahul M : 9820046216
Hope to see you, Cheers! :D