Sale Date Ended
About Peth fort / Kothaligad
Height: 3100 feet
Time: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali, Base Village
Location: Karjat region
Trek Leader: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
Cost: Rs 700.00
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is thespecious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Train Timing: Karjat Fast local
08:00 Move 2 Ambivali village by rick
09:00 Ambivali Breakfast & Tea Break.
11:00 Peth village
Fort Exploration for 1.5 Hrs
14:30 Peth Village
15:00 Lunch break
16:00 Descend continue
17:30 Karjat by rick/bus
Things to carry
1. Haversack to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
2. Ready to eat foods, like plum cakes, chocolate bars, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. ***** Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek. ****
5. Personal medicines. Sweaters if required. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes, Plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
7. Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
8.please carry one time lunch for this trek
We shall be in Mumbai around 22:00 Hrs. (Subjective)
This includes Transportation from Neral to Ambivali village and back, light morning breakfast, 1 Veg lunch, evening tea, TreksandTrails, India charges if any.
Please purchase a return ticket till Karjat. Alight at Neral station
Board the second last compartment from Karjat end which is the second one from CST end.
Exclusion: Emergency Medical evacuations if any, Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact...send a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags on treks.
How to register for Trek to Peth 02 Jul 2016 ?
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 700.00 per person in the given a/c
State Bank of India Account No: 32248535175
In the Name of Mr. Rajesh Mhaddalkar
IFSC Code: SBIN0014771
Once payment is done, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, mobile phone number, emergency contact
Rajesh Mhaddalkar +919869629288 / +919768341848 (Trek Leader)
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.