Thinking performance drives business performance. Most mistakes in business are mistakes in thinking. Decisions are poorly thought through. Risk factors are overlooked. Faulty information is taken as fact. Ideas are killed far too early. Benefits aren’t built into solutions — customers have no idea why they should embrace your new efforts. Changes backfire.
If any of this describes the condition at your company we can help you improve the thinking performance of your employees. The end result for your company:
Increases in bottom-line profit.
Increases in top-line growth.
More time to develop meaningful customer relationships.
More time to work on what’s important to develop the business.
A happier and more motivated workforce
Anyone who wants to think clearly, objectively, and reatively will benefit from Six Thinking Hats training.
New Product Developers
Team Leaders & Members
Trainers & Consultants
Sales & Marketing Professionals
Advertising & PR Professionals
"the main difficulty with thinking is confusion. We try to do too much at once. Emotions, information, logic, hope and Creativity all crowd in on us. It is like juggling too many balls". - Edward de Bono Six Thinking hats
Six Thinking Hats is a simple, effective technique your team may use in a variety of applications.
Facilitation of meetings
Preparing for discussions
Continuous process improvement
New products / new designs
Decision making and problem solving
Customer focus groups / interviews
Six Thinking Hats training participants will show evidence of the following:
A marked tendency to identify themselves as thinkers
Confidence that they have the ability to cope with and improve their environments
Competencies enabling them to solve problems including the ability to:
- identify a problem
- propose alternative solutions
- predict the consequences of each alternative
- assess the usefulness of each set of consequences
- select the best alternative
- implement it
- evaluate it
Competencies enabling them to identify and pursue opportunities including the ability to:
- develop a habit of perceiving events and situations as opportunities
- identify the benefits/desired outcomes of pursuing each opportunity
- identify the risks/dangers of pursuing each opportunity
- design ways to minimize risks and dangers
- select opportunities based on weighing the benefits against remaining risks
- design plans for pursuing a selected opportunity
- assess and reevaluate plans in progress
Competencies enabling them to think cooperatively including the ability to:
- understand and take on the facilitator role in a group meeting
- identify and articulate other people's points of view
- devise an agenda and demonstrate the necessary discipline to follow it provide for equal participation among group members
The White Hat White Hat thinking focuses on data, facts, information known or needed.
The Black Hat Black Hat thinking focuses on difficulties, potential problems. Why something may not work.
The Red Hat Red Hat thinking focuses on feelings, hunches, gut instinct, and intuition.
The Green Hat Green Hat thinking focuses on creativity: possibilities, alternatives, solutions, new ideas.
The Yellow Hat Yellow Hat thinking focuses on values and benefits. Why something may work.
The Blue Hat Blue Hat thinking focuses on manage the thinking process, focus, next steps, action plans.
Event saved successfully!
Email to Friends and Colleagues
You are invited to attend Train The Trainer Certification Six Thinking Hats