Sale Date Ended
Plan The Unplanned presents Bhutan !!
Bhutan is known as Happiest place on Earth.
Backpacking in Bhutan will not only give you a chance to explore the country like a local, but it will also show you the raw and untouched sides of the natural beauty that the country possesses. PTU has beautifully crafted this backpacking trip, where you'll get a chance to hitchhike or board the local transport and sleep at home stays or camps. While everyone can enjoy luxury trips, you need to have the courage and zeal to get the real taste of a backpacking journey. Set out with your rucksack and explore the unknown roads with a bunch of strangers - who knows, perhaps you'll just find a new meaning to life!
Event Dates: (15th March 2018 - 24th March 2018)
Early Bird Cost:. 9999/- for a Solo Backpacker (exclusive of GST) ( Book Before Feb 04th 2018)
DAY 0 - 15th March 2018 - Arrive at Phuentsholing
The journey begins!
You will have to reach Bagdogra before 12 PM so that you do not miss out the bus that departs to Phuentsholing from Siliguri town to Phuentsholing town at 2 PM.
Alternatively, there are cabs that you could hire and reach Phuentsholing on 15th March.
You will meet the Tour Leader at Phuentsholing town!
Day 01 - 16th March 2018 - Phuentsholing – Thimphu
Distance: 176km/ 5hours drive
Our day will start at the immigration office near the Indo- Bhutan Border, and once we get hold of our permits, we shall start our journey from Phuentsholing towards Thimphu. The capital of Bhutan, Thimphu is a unique city with an unusual mixture of modern development alongside ancient traditions. Once we reach Thimphu, we shall relax for some time, get freshened up and head out for a market tour in the evening.
Day 02 - 17th March 2018 - Thimphu (Hike to Tango Monastery)
Today, we’ll walk along a trail to Tango Monastery and experience the views of beautiful Bhutanese villages and chortens. In the latter half of the day, we shall take a tour of the capital city, Thimphu, visiting the Buddha Point, Takin Reserve, Zilukha Nunnery and Tashicho Dzong. We’ll also take a tour of the markets, in case you want to buy some wooden masks, thangkas, silverware, jewelry, and bamboo crafts. Souvenir shopping is a must!
Overnight stay at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 03 - 18th March 2018
Thimphu – Pobjikha Valley ( Gangtey)
Distance: 77km/ 2hours drive
Today, we shall leave Thimphu and head towards Pobjikha, crossing the Dochula Pass – one of the highest motorable roads in Bhutan. This gorgeous U-shaped glacial valley is also known as Gangteng Valley named after the impressive Gangteng Monastery. It’ll be a bliss to explore this piece of paradise!
Overnight stay at the hotel in Pobjikha
Day 04 - 19th March 2018 - Pobjikha Valley to Punakha
After breakfast, we shall visit the Gangtey Compa and head out to our next destination, which is Punakha. We’ll first go to see the Punakha Dzong, which is at the confluence of the Phho Chhu and Mo Chhu (Rivers). Later, there’s an optional hike to Khamsum Yulley Monastery.
There are options to raft back on Mo Chhu River, on spot reservation.
Overnight stay in Tents (Camping at Punakha).
Day 5 - 20th March 2018 - Punakha
Today, we’ll be exploring the best of Punakha. Head back to the Dzong, and capture the glory of the magnificent structure. Relax on the banks of the river, before we go for a hike to Chimi Lakhang, which is also popular as the Monastery of the Divine Mad Man.
In the evening we will visit Nunnery in Punakha.
Overnight at the Hotel in Punakha.
Day 06 - 21st March 2018
Punakaha – Paro via Chelela Pass
Distance: 142km/4hours drive
After breakfast, drive back to Paro valley through Dochula Pass. After reaching Paro, we’ll visit the Paro Dzong, from where you might just get a glimpse of the snow-capped peak of Chomolhari Mountain, in case you are lucky.
Visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest temples in Bhutan and have the opportunity to meet the local villages in a local farm house.
Overnight stay in Paro.
Day 7 - 22nd March 2018
Paro – Taktsang ( Hike to Tiger’s Nest)
Today would be the most exciting day of your entire trip, and as they say – Save the best for the last. We shall hike up to Taktsang Monastery today. Today’s hike is quite challenging and good quality, comfortable shoes/sneakers are required. Please remember to drink lots of water and wear layers as it gets quite cold. (The hike demands a certain level of fitness and a pony ride to the monastery can be arranged at additional cost).
Overnight stay in Paro.
Day 08 - 23rd March 2018 - Heading back to Phuentsholing
As the amazing Bhutan trip comes to an end, we shall be heading back to Phuentsholing. Rest at your hotel, and talk about the wonderful trip experiences.
Day 09 - 24th March 2018 - Book your flight from Bagdogra
Fly Back To Respective Towns from Bagdogara
**The Trip is Confirmed only if we have 5 Booking Confirmations!
- Plan The Unplanned reserves the right to cancel the event and shall not be liable for the cancellation charges of flights or any other bookings
- Immigration and Permits To Be Done!
- Guide Throughout the Travel
- One Night Camping Experience at Punakha ( Inclusions: Dinner, Bonfire, and Next Days Breakfast)
- Experienced tour leader.
- Experience That You Gain!
- Anything not included above
- Insurance of Any Kind
- Personal Expenses
- Monuments Fees
- Travel, accommodation, and food.
- If you cancel the trip before 14th Feb 2018 then you shall receive 90% of the entire amount as a refund.
- If you cancel the trip between 15th Feb 2018 – 5th March 2018, then you shall receive 40% of the entire amount as a refund.
- From 6th March – No Refund
- We require a min of 5 people for the event to happen.
- Plan The Unplanned will not be responsible for the cancellation of any booking – flights, bus, train or any other.
1. Please carry a Valid Passport ( Min Validity of 6 Months ) and 4 Passport Size Photos.
2. Do carry your Voter ID ( Additional ID Proof)
3 Registration for the event closes on March 1st, 2018
2. Since it is a Backpacking Trip, the itinerary shall be not fixed it's just a tentative itinerary and we may improvise the trip for a better experience and we are open to better suggestions.
3. Accommodation would be booked on everybody’s opinion and the expertise of the Outdoor leader.
4. A per day expenditure for the tour of Bhutan is expected between 2500 - 3000 which includes food, accommodation, and travel.
5. The decision of the Outdoor leader stays Final
6. Do not expect any luxuries on the trip, as the trip would be more focused on having an adventurous experience and exploring Bhutan.