Sale Date Ended
Page Views : 10
Hola Zero Gravity Folks
Lets trek to Eco-friendly Hill Station in India - Matheran.
The name Matheran means either "Forest on Top" or "Mother Forest".
1. Matheran is a serene hill station located in the Raigad district of Maharashtra. Matheran has many "lookout points" that provide spectacular views of the Western Ghats and lush plains dotted with villages far below. Located on the Western Ghats range at an elevation of around 800m (2,625feet) above sea level.
2. Matheran is one of the most ecologically sensitive hill stations in the country and no form of motorized transport is allowed.
3. There are numerous peak points in Matheran such as Panorama Point, Echo Point, Charlotte Lake, Louisa Point and King George Point. The stunning views of the landscapes from the cliffs of Matheran offer a memorable experience.
4. The marketplace at Matheran runs the length of one street and contains shops and stalls that sell the produce of Matheran.
Things To Do:
1.Sight-seeing and shopping: Matheran’s very own M.G. Road is studded with shops! Best buys would be lovely chappals (sandals), some chikki, fudge s,wooden mementos.
2. We are going to hit points like One-Tree Point, Monkey Point, Echo-Point, Charlotte Lake.
17th Aug, Friday:
8:30 pm: Karjat by Mumbai Express
18th Aug, Saturday:
11 am: Reach Karjat, have our lunch
12:00 pm- Start to Neral station
1:30 pm: Neral Station to Dasturi Chowk
3:00 pm: Reach hotel, freshen up.
4 pm: Go sightseeing at the various viewpoints.
Walk around the marketplace and then have Dinner.
19th Aug, Sunday:
5:00 am: a Wakeup call
5:30 am: Reach Panorama point and view Sunrise.
8:00 am: Start trek to Charlotte Lake, Echo Point, Louisa Point.
12 pm: Check out hotel
4 pm: Board train back to Hyderabad
20th Aug, Monday:
8 am: Reach Hyderabad
Price: Rs 2900/-
(Including Transportation + Local Transportation + Miscellaneous+ Club Fund + GST).Food excluded in order to reduce tax component in overall cost.
1) To & Fro Train Tickets (Sleeper Class)
2) Local Transport
Things to Bring :
1. Two sets of T-Shirts / Tracksuits
2. Towel & bed sheets
3. Torch, Rain sheets/Umbrella
4. Trekking wear, Shoes & Extra pair of socks
5. A pair of slippers
6. Soaps and other toiletries as required
7. Any medicines that you may require
9. A Rucksack/Backpack to carry all the stuff
10. A small sling bag with water, a hand towel, cap and some snacks
11. Rain cover to cover your bag
*Bring minimum luggage (This is for your own comfort)
1) No smoking or alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) Food will be mostly vegetarian
5) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything, you can ask the organizers
6) If you feel unwell, bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
7) If you can’t swim, don't go deep into the water
Note: Kindly protect our Mother Nature. ZGAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid causing any sort of imbalance to normal ecology. Try to avoid using unrecyclable materials as much as possible.