Sale Date Ended
Paigah Tombs are undoubtedly regarded as the epitome of achievement in artistic finesse of architecture during the Nizams. With exquisitely fine work on the beautiful white marble ( brought from Makarana, the same quarry stone that was used in Taj Mahal), the tombs are definitely the most amazing destination in hyderabad that you might not have heard of.
The walk will be followed by discussions over Sufi history of hyderabad over chai and samosa at an irani cafe close by.
We will be gathering at a streetside cafe/hotel called "Royal Sea" at 8:30am. Please make sure you reach the gathering point before 8:30am. The cafe is at the entrance of a street, right across the road from Owaisi Hospital in Santosh Nagar.
Here's the google map pin for the location : http://tinyurl.com/ydayyqws
Participation Guidelines :
- Registration for the walk is Rs. 200 per person. ( Kids go free ).
- Walk lasts 2 hours, and spans a little over 1.5kms (with lots of breaks and stops in between).
- Please dress respectfully. Women are requested to bring along
scarves to cover their hair while going into the dargah.
- Please carry your own bottle of water along with you to avoid buying plastic bottles. Also, please avoid buying anything that comes in plastic/non-biodegradable covering while on the walk. Also, no littering please.
- If you want to seek or offer a ride from your place to the venue, or if you want to transport pool by cab/bus, you can make a post in the discussions section of the event page about where you are coming from and connect with other participations coming from your locality.
- Our starting points are usually irani cafes etc. Plan on arriving early so that you can register, meet other participants and soak in the sights and sounds of the place, before embarking on the walk.
- If you are coming by your own vehicle, please plan on coming early in order to figure out parking .
- If you are late and arrive after the walk has already started, it would be very difficult for you to join us. We can't promise that we'd be able to direct you to our current location, nor ensure that you would join the group. Hence, please don't be late.
- Wear chappals/sandals which are easy to removable and wear back.
- The walks shall always start promptly on time.
- Musicians, singers, performers are welcome to bring their instruments and songs. We'd be delighted to have you share your talents with the participants gathered before and after the walk. Same goes to jugglers, performers, poets, slammers, beatboxers and all artists.
- No smoking. This goes without saying - be courteous, respectful and considerate towards fellow participants and the walk hosts.