Early Bird Registration
Sale Date Ended
Summer Camp Regular Ticket
Sale Date Ended
4 Days 3 nights "Young Adventurer Outdoor and Nature Summer Camp" is being held near Vizag. The camp is being conducted for Children of Age Group of 10 to 15 years (Boys and Girls). The camp is under the supervision of Diyanat Ali, the founder of GHAC and Mr Shivram Vinjamuri, a Behavioral Trainer . Outlife Focuses on bringing Outdoor Education to Schools and youngsters to enhance personal development. More details on Outlife can be had at www.outlife.in .
Now a days children spend less time in Nature and the outdoors than any earlier generation, depriving themselves of the emotional and physical benefits that come from bonding with nature leading to a disorder known as Nature Deficit Disorder. Instead of “going green,” the young ones are “going screen". Indian Kids spend an average daily 8 hours on TV, Games and Gadgets.
Nature deficit disorder refers to a hypothesis by Richard Louv in his 2005 book Last Child in the Woods that human beings, especially children, are spending less time outdoors resulting in a wide range of behavioural problems
The Summer Camp gives children the opportunity to connect with the natural world and learn all the outdoor skills they have been missing all these years.
Children who attend summer camps often show an increase in self-confidence and independence. They learn positive values from positive role models and gain leadership and communication skills outside of the school and home setting. Children have a chance to develop as individuals and are given the freedom to be themselves
The Children will learn practical outdoor and life skills turning them into confident, creative and self-reliant individuals.
Activities include Nature and Adventure based Learning, Experiential Learning actvities, Bushcraft, Cultural and Personality Development Activities.
Special Care is being taken to avoid head in the afternoon by keeping the kids in cool place, specially created by aid of desert coolers.
Stay will be in Camping tents with Basic Hygiene, Mobile Toilets and Safety.
All our Staff is CPR and First Aid Certified. A Paramedic with vehicle will be available at the camp on all days. We have a male and female on sentry duty throughout the night.
The following activities and Topics will be covered.
• Knots and Lashing
• Tent Pitching and Trenching
• Outdoor Skills - Fire, water, Shelter, Food
• Star Gazing
• Sport Climbing and Rappelling
• River Crossing
• Raft Building
• Outdoor Cooking
• Map Reading and Navigation
• Treasure Hunt
• Team Games
Camp Location: Salsons Retreat & beyond.
The camp is in a serene natural setting sorrunded by forest area with access to rocks, hills & water bodies.
Please check the following file for instructions on things to bring and camp policy.
Things to Bring
• Bandanna or scarf
• Sun Hat / Cap
• Preion medication if any
• Dress clothes - 3 T Shirts / Full Track Pants / Under Garments
• Wind Sheeter or Jacket.
• Night Wear - Pyjamas and T shirts.
• Swim Shorts for boys (optional)
• Swimsuit for girls (optional)
• UV protection cream / Sun Screen Cream
• Canvas / Sports/ Trekking shoes
• Slippers/ Floaters
• 3 pair Socks
• 2 Bed Sheets and a Pillow
• Comb or brush
• Hygiene products and Toiletries
• Mosquito repellent Cream
• Bathing Soap
• Washing Soap for clothes.
• Tissue paper
• Steel Plate, Steel Mug, Spoon and a Lunch Box
• Toothbrush and toothpaste
• Camera - Optional
• Flashlight/ Torch
• Reusable 1 litre water bottle
• 2 Garbage Bags
• zip-locks to keep small items together
Outdoor Kit (To be separately packed in a small bag or pouch)
• Small Mirror
• Map reading Compass (you get this at Himalaya stationary shop)
• 5-meter cotton rope 1/4-inch-thick you get this at hardware or military stores
• Basic First Aid Kit. (Band-Aid, Cotton Gauze, Antiseptic Cream, Pain Balm like moov or iodex)
Important: Participants have to label their clothing and belongings with their name.
What not to bring to the camp
Outlife is committed to preserving the spirit of the summer camp. In our opinion, a cell phone, personal media players and other electronic devices inhibits one’s link with camp experiences and diminishes the capacity to grow within a team and the natural environment. For these reasons we prohibit participants from bringing cell phones and other electronics to camp. we have also found that kids who bring cell phones have a harder time adjusting to camp life and can have more difficulty with homesickness.
A large part of camp is learning to be independent and you can help your child succeed by making sure the camp rules are followed.
Participants cannot leave the camp site on their own anytime during the entire duration of the camp without informing the instructors.
No arguing, name-calling, or swearing, biting or hair pulling. Fights and quarrels and bullying are not allowed on the camp. Any fighting may warrant a disciplinary action.
Camp Discipline Policy:
1. If a child is unable to comply with the behavior expectations, a time-out will be given. The number of minutes of time-out will not exceed the child’s age in years. Timeouts are always supervised by an adult.
2. If the unexpected behavior is repeated the second time the child will not participate in the entire activity.
3. If the unexpected behavior is repeated the third time a counselling will be held by the Camp Coordinator with the child and the Camp Coordinator will speak directly with the parent(s)/guardian.
4. If the child’s behavior continues to be disruptive and/or unsafe, the child will be subject to dismissal from the remainder of camp without any refund and the parent and guardian will be asked to take away their child from the camp.
The Facilitators range from Adventurers, Naturalists, Army Officers, Outdoor Facilitators and Teachers.
Diyanat Ali - Founder, GHAC, Outlife - https://www.linkedin.com/in/diyanat
Shivaram Vinjamuri Camp Counselor
Joel Godi - Camp Coordinator
Location: Salsons Retreat & beyond, Vizag.
Early Bird: 6500 Till 25th April
Regular Registration: 7500
1) Make Payment trough meraevents link given above.
Last date for Registration is 30th April, 2016