“If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten.” - Rudyard Kipling
What if teachers could tell stories? What if teachers could make a whole new world come alive through stories? What if teachers could teach through stories?
It is the teacher who makes a subject interesting. And the ability to teach through stories not only makes the teacher and subject interesting, but also makes learning fun, easy and memorable. After all, we forget what we learn through rote but remember stories for life.
"Storytelling In The Classroom" by Storywallahs, is a storytelling workshop specially designed to build storytelling capability amongst teachers and covers a range of topics including:
1) Importance of telling stories in classrooms
2) Performing a story in an engaging way using voice modulation and body language
3) Different styles of telling stories
4) Understanding stories and creating stories around concepts
5) Teaching Science, Math, Language and much more using stories
Date: 2nd September
Time: 10 am to 4 pm
Venue: Atta Galatta, Koramangala, Bengaluru
Fees: Rs 3500 (includes lunch and tea)
Last date for registration is 29th Aug 2018. The workshop is limited to 20 participants.