Startup Master Class (SMC) is an initiative by the Alumni Association of IIT Kanpur. SMC is a unique format startup event “for Entrepreneurs, from Entrepreneurs”.
Startup Master Class came into existence 4 years ago with a mandate of fostering and nurturing budding entrepreneurs. It brings together startups, mentors and investors to build interactions and strengthen the network within the entrepreneurial community.
Startup Master Class Platform is a fully volunteer driven, not for profit with a network of passionate individuals and institutions (alumni of PAN IIT network) combining their skills and resources in support of the activities to promote entrepreneurship.
SMC@Hyderabad, 17th Feb 2018
The 10th edition of SMC at Hyderabad, themed "Zero to One: Take A LEap" will center around entrepreneurs, investors and the ecosystem who had the courage to take a leap and seeing it through the various phases of growth. It will witness participation from Alumni, Mentors, Investors, Incubators, Corporates and Startups.
The key programme highlights of SMC Hyderabad are:
1. Main programme with Speakers and panels
- Taking a Leap: Startup Ecosystem. An ecosystem panel aiming to put India/Hyderabad on to the world map of most sought after startup destinations.
- Start-up to Scale-up: Take a Leap of Success. An entrepreneur panel bringing people who have been there and done that. - Investing in Startups: Take a Leap of trust. Investor journeys – What makes them back some entrepreneurs and not others? - A special session on Media & Entertainment, Gaming/AR/VR: Hyderabad being the hub of media and entertainment industry, brings a leverage to many startups in the segment. - Focused tracks – AI/ML/Blockchain/Deeptech and Hardware/IOT/Intelligent Machines.
2. One-on-One sessions with investors, mentors and subject matter experts
3. SMC Select: A platform for Startups to Pitch their idea/product to various VCs / Investors