Sale Date Ended
Chanderi Fort Night Trek
Date: 28 April 2019 (Leaving Sat Night)
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2330 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Chincholi
Chanderi Fort is located in between Badlapur and Vangani and falls in Karjat Taluka, Raigad District. Chanderi Fort Trek is mainly of Jungle Trail. One comes across Huge Plateau, Soothing Waterfall, steepness of Mountain and finally the Caves of Chanderi. There is no fortification wall at Chanderi Fort but you can observe rock cut steps and various water cisterns.
Form the top one can view Towns of Panvel, Vangani and Badlapur. One can also try their eye to recognize various nearby forts such as Prabalgad, Kalavantin and Nakhind.
Because of the approach to the Chanderi fort, limited space for accommodation and limited water availability, made this fort to be used as a military base. However, confirm historical evidence is yet to be discovered.
Day 01: Saturday (27 April 2019)
• We will be starting with the CST - Karjat Slow Local (Timetable gave below)
• People may board the same Karjat train from the station of their convenience and meet us in the train directly. (Get into second boggy from Kalyan side)
Day 02: Sunday (28 April 2019)
• Meeting Point: Vangani Railway Station @ 01:30 AM.
• Travel by private vehicle to the Base Village.
• Reach Base Village by 02:00 AM.
• Start our trek by 02:20 AM
• Reach the Top 05.00 AM
• Explore n Descend.
• Reach the base till 9:00 AM.
• Breakfast at the Near Vangani Railway Station
• Start the return journey, reaching Mumbai by 01:00 PM tentatively.
• Transportation from Vangani to Vangani
• Breakfast ( Tea / Coffee)
• SR Expertise Charges
• Anything not mentioned in above inclusion list
THINGS TO BE CARRIED :
• Identity Proof (Must)
• A bottle of water (Atleast 2 Litres),
• Torch with extra batteries (Compulsory)
• Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
• Medicine those which u require usually
• A good Trekking Shoes, Extra pair of Socks&Clothes, Mats, Sleeping Bags, etc.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while walking.
• Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other Ornaments.
SAHYADRI RANGERS Rules:-
• Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
• Sleeveless, Low neck, Figure hugging, Shirts/Tops, Short Pants, Hot Pant not allowed.
• All our photo, walks are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
• Respect the heritage and culture. Do not litter, participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
• Trek Leader’s decision will be final and binding.
• Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer
‘Rangers’ Group reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
• Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
• Advance Payment made is non-refundable and non-transferable.