Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
About the Trail:
“TO WIN IT WENT FORTH MANY, BUT THERE CAME BACK NEVER ANY.”
Undaunted by the terrifying nature of his mission, the lion hearted Tanaji vowed either to accomplish it or die in the process. He set out at night and from the Konkan marched towards the fortress with his men and Shivaji Maharaj’s favourite ghorpad, reaching it unnoticed on a cold, clear and moonless night – in February 1670. The Ghorpad was regularly used to map a suitable route for climbing forts. The creature, to whose waist a cord was tied, refused to climb the fort, as if to warn Tanaji of the impending disaster. Tanaji expressed his rage, and the lizard got the message and terrified, scaled the hill top, which helped the Marathas to clamper the cliff.
Can you challenge yourself to at least pedal the same cliff??
Day and Date: November 12, 2017(Sunday, One day event)
Trail Attractions: Khadakwasla dam, Sinhagad fort, steep uphill and downhill.
Purpose: The purpose of the expedition is to cycle through most challenging uphill and downhill terrain on mountain bikes. They will cover the distance of 50 km mountain biking. Also after swimming this is the second best non-impact exercise in the world.
Duration: 1 day
Difficulty Level: Difficult (for novice), Moderate (for experienced)
Reporting at: MIT College ground, Kothrud (Pune) at 7:00 AM.
Things to Carry :
Cycle, Helmet(compulsory), Sports shoes, 2 lit water bottle(compulsory), 3/4ths or cycling shorts or track bottoms, Cap, sunglasses, Personal medication requirements if any.
Schedule of the Trail:
1. Reporting at MIT College 7:00 am sharp.
2. 7:00 am – 7:30 am: - Introduction with the group, briefing of the trail and gear shifting introductory session.
3. Quick Refreshment distribution and breakfast.
4. 7:30 am: The trail begins from MIT college.
5. Around 12.30 pm : Reach Sinhagad fort parking area. The last 10 km from base to parking will be a steep uphill climb and will take time depending on one’s endurance and stamina. Do not hesitate to use the backup vehicle if required. Have lunch (participants can bring tiffins or opt to have Maharashtrian zunka bhakar at stalls available at the top).
6. 1:30 PM : Explore the fort
7. 2:30 PM : The real fun of almost 10km downhill begins.
8. 4.30 pm : Reach MIT college, Kothrud. The trail ends with loads of memories and a sense of achievement, which will boost your confidence for upcoming adventures in your life.
NOTE: Backup Vehicle will be present throughout the trail.
· Breakfast, Refreshments and energy drink mix for the ride.
· Backup vehicle and trail guide, mechanic for minor issues.
· First Aid if required
· Lots of motivation on the way.
Anything which is not described in above section will not be provided, personal buying if any, mineral water, lunch.
· 300 /- per participant.
· 250 /- per participant for students. (below 21 yrs)
Who can participate:
All cycling enthusiasts. This trail has got a steep uphill climb. See to it that you have enough practice and good stamina built before the event.
Cancellation Policy : No Refund will be provided.
Backup Vehicle : Participants can load their extra luggage in the backup vehicle which will be along with the group for the whole trail.
Please follow the timings given and we will make sure that nothing is missed from the decided plan.
Behavior during trail
Participants are expected to behave cordially with each other. Smoking and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited. Please make sure a person’s behavior does not prove to be a discomfort for others.
Disclaimer - The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.