Sale Date Ended
Shaastra, the annual technical festival of IIT Madras, will be reaching out to colleges in Kerala this year with its outreach program: Sampark. A series of demonstrations and competitions will be conducted in an effort to bring the annual celebration of “The Spirit of Engineering” closer to students.With footfalls of 20,000 each year, Shaastra is well-known for being one of the biggest and best technical fests in Asia and the first in the world to be ISO: 9001 certified. The 14th edition of the fest will be held from 5th to 8th January, 2013.
Samparks are a series of workshops, events, lectures and qualifiers that are held at cities across India in an effort to bring Shaastra closer to everyone. With a Sampark in Kerala for the first time, a strong participation from the brightest minds across the state is expected.
The Kochi edition of the Shaastra Sampark will be held on 29th of September, 2012 from 9AM to 5PM in association with Takshak '12 at Mar Athanasius College of Engineering, Kothamangalam.
Sampark Kochi has the following events lined up.
1) Project - X: Project X, reputed as the largest participated event in Shaastra, is a hands-on event in Sampark which mainly focuses on creativity and craftsmanship. The most efficient, elegant and innovative working models will walk away with cool prizes.
2) Fire N Ice Demonstration: A must watch for RC (Radio Controlled) car enthusiasts and others alike, this event promises to entertain one and all. Fitted with a miniature beast of an IC engine, these cars zoom to speeds of over 80kmph in a few seconds, performing a variety of spectacular stunts which is sure to keep the audience enthralled.
3) Step Climbing Robot Demonstration: An event which is sure to attract robotics lovers, this demonstration will showcase a robot which will be able to ascend a flight of stairs. The audience will be able to pick up nifty tricks in understanding the various techniques which go into building this machine.
4) Hovercraft Demonstration: Hovercrafts are fascinating machines that move over both land and water. This demonstration promises an in-depth study and analysis of the technical aspects which govern this modern marvel.
5) Aerial Guided Vehicle Demonstration: This demonstration will give the audience a chance to witness the fascinating aerial guided vehicle. This machine will consist of a bi-rotor hovercraft which will follow a path determined by the placement of markers.
Contact:Abhijit CS, (M) +91 7418222415, email@example.com
Syamantak Basu, (M) +91 – 99622 65947, firstname.lastname@example.org