Sale Date Ended
Shaastra, the annual technical festival of IIT Madras, will be reaching out to colleges in Hyderabadthis year with its outreach program: Sampark. With a series of events being conducted and winnersgaining a wild card entry into the finals at Shaastra, not to mention Rs. 18,500 worth of prize money,this is an effort to bring the annual celebration of “The Spirit of Engineering” closer to studentsacross the country.With footfalls of 20,000 each year, Shaastra is well-known for being one of the biggest and besttechnical fests in Asia and the first in the world to be ISO: 9001 certified. The 14th edition of the festwill be held from 5th to 8th January, 2013.Samparks are a series of workshops, events, lectures and qualifiers that are held at cities acrossIndia in an effort to bring Shaastra closer to everyone. Sampark Hyderabad 2011 witnessed a 1000-strong participation from colleges across the city providing an interactive platform for some of thebrightest minds of the city. This year, with new and improved events that assure wildcard entries,never before seen demonstrations and much more, Sampark provides an exciting preview of whatlies ahead.The Hyderabad edition of the Shaastra Sampark will be held on 23rd of September, 2012 from 9a.m. to 5 p.m. at Vasavi Engineering College.
Sampark Hyderabad has the following events lined up.
1) Project - X: Project X, reputed as the largest participated event in Shaastra, is a hands-on eventin Sampark which mainly focuses on creativity and craftsmanship. The most efficient, elegant andinnovative working models will walk away with cool prizes.
2) Auto Quiz: This is a quiz for automobile freaks, where they battle out with their buddy autoenthusiast through rounds of audio-visuals, tech-stuffs, vintage cars, and motorsports.
3) Autonomous Robotics: Robotics is an event which provides a platform to showcase skill,innovation, strategy and design that are required to come up with a winning machine.
4) Contraptions: Contraptions is a vintage design and build competition, in which the participant isexpected to complete a certain set of tasks, in as complicated a manner as possible.
5) Cube Workshop: The Cube workshop will provide participants with a unique chance tounderstand the intricacies of solving a Rubik's Cube and would help develop one's own approach totame this mind-boggling multi-coloured monster.
Syamantak Basu, (M) +91 – 99622 65947, firstname.lastname@example.org