Sale Date Ended
Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Easy
Height of Plateau: 2300 ft approx.
Total time required for climbing: 2 hours of normal climb
Duration: 1 Night
Prabalmachi is located between Matheran and Panvel and comes under the Raigad District in the state of Maharashtra, India.This is a very small and remote village on the base of Fort Prabalgad. The beauty of this place is due to its rustic location where you find lots of nature and no pollution at all.Trek to Prabalmachi is about 1.5 hrs to 2 hours from its base. Height of the Prabalmachi village is 390 metres above sea level.
The village of Prabalmachi is the ‘base camp’ for a trek up the Prabalgad Fort (766 m) and Kalavantin is a 500m .It is located near the Machi and Vajepur villages.The Prabalgad Fort stands at an elevation of 2,300 feet in the Western Ghats. The fort was previously known as Muranjan until it was taken over and renamed by the Maratha forces under Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's rule. The fort has a Ganesh temple and some unidentified stone ruins. Its sister fort is Irshalgad. Right next to Prabalgad, to its north, lies the steep Kalavantin fort.
● Scenic view of city from Prabalmachi / plateau and the cool breeze
● Enjoy a panoramic view of the Surrounding and the city
● Amazing hike in the woods
● Wonderful climbs
● Camping at the top of the plateau
● Games with lots of fun
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Panvel Slow Local
05:20 pm CST
05:38 pm Vadala Road
05:49 pm Kurla
05:08 pm Vashi
06:17 pm Nerul
06:27 pm Kharghar
06:38 pm Panvel
Thane Slow Local
05:52 pm Thane
05:09 pm Koparkhairne
05:21 pm Nerul
06:32 pm Kharghar
06:43 pm Panvel
Meeting Point : Panvel Railway Station at 06:45 pm
06:45 pm Meet the Team at Panvel station and move towards Thakurwadi by local transport
07:30 pm Reach Base village, freshen up, gear up for the trek
07:45 pm Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
08:00 pm Start the trek, Reach plateau by 09.00pm and explore the surrounding
10:00 pm Dinner time; enjoy local cuisines specially cooked for us... followed by bonfire and lots of fun. If tired can retire and take rest in tents.
06:00 am Wake up call, freshen up and recharge with the garma-garam breakfast.
08:30 am Start descending post breakfast along with the beautiful memories from the event
10:00 am Start return journey towards Mumbai by local transport
10:45 am Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet again.
Event Fee: Rs.950/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Travel from Panvel to Base village and Return
● Unlimited Dinner, breakfast in the morning
● Tent Camping
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Power bank
● Torch with new batteries
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electoral, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: