Sale Date Ended
Page Views : 109
Pateshwar is a village in Satara district of Maharashtra, known for rock-cut caves with shrines of Shiva.Pateshwar has 8 ancient caves and many ancient stone carved deities of Lord Shiva and other deities. The place is known for having more than 1000 Shiva-lings (Also known as Pinds). Most important amongst these is the Maha Shiva Lingam which has intricate carvings. Many of the deities find references in the ancient Hindu Vedas and Puranas.
Sangam Mahuli is one of the popular pilgrimage places to visit in Satara. The other side of the river Krishna is called Kshetra Mahuli. These villages earlier were part of Aundh Princely State. Kshetra Mahuli was the birth place of Ramshastri Prabhune, the famous spiritual and political adviser of the fourth Peshva Madhavrav (1761-1772 CE). Mahuli was the place of meeting between the last Peshva Bajirav (1796-1817 CE) and Sir John Malcolm just before the Anglo-Maratha war was declared.
There are 2 well known temples around the convergence of the rivers - Vishweshwar and Rameshwar. Sri Kashi Vishweshwar Temple is situated in Sangam Mahuli and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple was built in 1735 CE by Shripatrao Pant Pratinidhi. This land was donated by Shahu Maharaj to Shripatrao Pant Pratinidhi, as a Brahman dakshina. Pant Pratinidhi donated the land to another Brahmin, Anant Bhat Galande.
1. Assembly time 06.00 AM at Shivaji Putala Kothrud.
2. Departure towards Pateshwar and Sangam Mahuli by Private Transport by 06.30 AM.
3. Breakfast 8.15 AM.
4. Reach Pateshwar Cave Temple at 09.30 AM.
5. Start the Small Jungle Hike by 09.30 AM.
6. Reach Pateshwar Cave Temple at 10 AM.
7. Information Session About Pateshwar Caves by Expert and Photography Upto 12.30 PM.
8. Leave towards Sangam Mahuli on 12.30 PM.
9. Lunch at Satara 1 PM to 2 PM.
10. Start Journey Towards Sangam Mahuli 2 PM.
11. Reach Sangam Mahuli by 2.30 PM.
12. Information Session About Sangam Mahuli by Expert and Photography 4.30 PM.
13. 4.30 PM Journey Towards Pune.
14. If Time Permits we will see some other heritage locations.
15. Return To Pune By 7 PM.
1. Transportation by Private Vehicle Non AC(Pune to Pune)
2. Tea & Breakfast
4. Evening Tea.
5. Expert Charges.
6. First Aid Kit
1. Cold Drinks, Mineral Water, etc.
2. Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner during the Tour.
3. Personal expenditure of any kind.
4. Medical expenses other than “Basic First aid”.
5. Any other charges not specifically mentioned in “Fee Includes”.
Things To Carry:-
1. Identity Proof (Compulsory)
2. A Rucksack to carry your luggage
3. Water Bottle (compulsory)
4. Preferably full sleeves clothes (optional).
8. Personal Medications (if Any)
9. Camera (Optional)