Sale Date Ended
Page Views : 280
Gokarna Beach Trek is a different and great type of trekking. Here one just walks through the beach sand with rocky hills on one side and the Sea stretching to infinity on the other side. A beach trek has the advantage that one never gets lost at the shore!
Gokarna is a small temple town in Karnataka which is famous for the Mahabaleshwar-Shiva temple and of course the beaches. The trek starts from Gokarna beach and one crosses the small hill to get to Kudle beach. One has to move further on to Om beach. This beach is well-known as the shape of the shore resembles Om in Sanskrit and hence it is crowded. One then proceeds on a tougher path to Half-Moon beach or Crescent beach. Then the trek gets really rocky and one finally reaches Paradise beach. This beach is rightly named as it is definitely like Paradise on earth undisturbed by human habitats!
Vibhooti is a small waterfall near Yana, about 50 kms from Sirsi North Kanara, Western Ghats. The falls get its name from the Limestone rock nearby. After we pass the Vaddi Ghats we need to take a deviation at a place called Mabagi which is about 3 kms from the falls. Other places of interest would be Yana, Unchalli and Benne whole falls.
Day 0 (Friday):
08:00 PM – Take a bus (Non AC sleeper) from Hyderabad to Hubbali
Day 1 (Saturday):
08:00 AM – Reach Hubbali station and head towards Gokarna
11:00 AM – Reach Gokarna, freshen up and finish lunch
02:00 PM – Start to Vibhooti Falls
04:00 PM – Reach Vibhooti Falls
07:00 PM – Start to Gokarna
09:00 PM – Pitch tents and chill
Day 2 (Sunday):
04:00 AM – Wake up & freshen up
05:00 AM – Start the trail trek to Paradise beach (5 to 7 km of the trek through a green canopy and open meadows to reach the camping spot)
09:00 AM – Reach Paradise beach and have fun!
10:30 AM – Start to Hubbali
02:30 PM – Reach Hubbali railway station, board a train to Hyderabad
Day 3 (Monday):
07:00 AM – Reach Hyderabad and goodbye!
NOTE: Itinerary is subjected to change based on weather conditions.
Things to bring:
1) A backpack/ (preferably waterproof)
2) Insect repellent (ex. odomos)
3) Snacks and energy food (Chocolate bars, Flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucon-D, etc.)
4) Salt - Carry salt bags, as we need to encounter leaches!
5) 3 pairs of dry-fit clothing. Please wear one pair on Friday night itself before coming to the railway station. You'll not get an opportunity to change during our travel.
6) 3 pairs of socks
7) Raincoat / Windcheater
8) Rain cover for your bag
9) One pullover/warmer
10) Minimum 2 litres of water (Please bring reusable water bottles so that together we can discourage the use of plastic on the trails)
11) Head torch / Hand-held torch / Please do not prefer mobile flashlights because it might rain (with an extra set of batteries)
12) Toiletries kit
13) Walking/Sports/Trekking shoe. Please make sure that you are using soft rubber-sole footwear
14) Government issued ID proof
15) Medicines (if you have any health issues). Please ensure that you are carrying your inhaler if you have asthma.
1. Transportation (Hyderabad to Hyderabad)
2. Tempo traveller for two days
3. Stay (tent, sleeping bag / sleeping mat)
4. First aid, club fund and GST
This schedule is tentative. There might be slight variations depending on various factors.
Note: Kindly protect our Mother Nature. ZGAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid causing any sort of imbalance to normal ecology. Try to avoid using non-recyclable materials as much as possible.