“Architecture is about the understanding of the world and turning it into a more meaningful and humane place. -Juhani Pallasmaa”
When we simplify life to its bare essentials, it is Roti, Kapada, Makaan.
In our journey of fulfilling these needs of food, clothing and shelter we explore the world, we build ourselves, we form relationships and we learn about life and ourselves. Ironically, we do all of these to fulfill our basic needs.
Our basic needs have also evolved tremendously from caveman to gated communities. Food, Clothing and shelter patterns have altered our lifestyles and now the reverse is more evident.
It is interesting to know how our shelters have changed with time. More, interesting is the different type of shelters to suit the environment and geographical locations. Huts to apartments to gated communities to villas to tipis to igloos to name a few forms of shelter that exist in different geographical locations.
Huts have an interesting history and have existed since nomadic cultures. Built entirely of raw and locally available materials, they stand strong and can withstand harsh weather conditions. It can be built and transported easily. To know more, participate in our workshop.
This workshop will introduce your children to the following:-
1. History of Shelter
2. Evolution of shelter
3. Different types of shelter
4. Skills and techniques of hut building
5. An experience of making their own shelter
6. Primitive Architecture
Value to the child
1. Introduction to history of Man
2. Mathematical and logical skills
3. Understanding and utilization of space
4. Practical knowledge of measurements and geometry
5. Introduction to Knots and lashings used
6. Skill building and Hands on Experience
7. A new found interest and hobby
8. Hand on Land exercise
9. Eco Architecture
1. Self Confidence
6. Sense of accomplishment
9. Opportunities of “Flow State”
A weekend's getaway could become an enriching experience for your child. What are you waiting for? Call us and book your seat.