Sale Date Ended
Page Views : 43
Vasota or Vyaghragad is an important fort from Mahabaleshwar range. The altitude of the fort is 1280 meters. Recently the fort was brought under Sahyadri Tiger Reserve which was established in 2008; hence the forest department regulates the access to the fort.
The history dates back to mythological ages. It is believed that Rishi Agasti a disciple of Rishi Vashishtha made this place his haven, and named it after his guru. Later the kshatriyas of the land utilized this mountain as a military station and constructed bastions and fortification. Shri Shiv Chhatrapati conquered the fort in 1660 and used it as jail for couple of Bristish officers. In 1706 Tai Telin – a keep of Pant Pratinidhi captured the fort and in 1730 Bapu Gokhle- a sardar of Peshvas won it in a conquest.
There are many ways to enter the fort. The easiest one is from Met Indavli. One reaches here by a ferry ride of one and half hours from Bamnoli near Kaas Plateau. . Most of the trek rout is well covered by dense forest.
Odyssey Type: One Day
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Base: Met Indavali
Distance From Pune: 150 kms
Region: Bamnoli - Mahabaleshwar
04:30 Departure towards base village
08:00 Arrival at Bamnoli & Breakfast
08:30 Boating towards Met Indavali
10:30 Start the Trek
13:00 Reach Summit & Exploration there after
14:30 Start descending
16:30 Arrive at Base & Return to Bamnoli
19:00 Depart for Pune
21:30 Arrive at Pune
1) Water 2 liters or more
2) Good Rucksack with rain cover
3) Personal Medicines if any
4) ID Proof
1) Dry foods like: Chikki, Chocolates and cakes etc.
2) Extra Pair of clothes & sleepers/ floaters
3) Rain protection / wind cheater/ cap / scarf as per the weather.
4) Hand Towel
5) Sunscreen lotion / face wash
6) Camera or Binoculars
1) Travel by a private non AC bus.
2) Evening Tea & Snacks, Dinner on day one, Morning Tea & Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Tea & Snacks on day two
3) Adventure Experts & Leaders
4) First aid kit.
5) Safety & Tested Equipments
6) Government Service Tax
7) Personal Entry, Toll & Parking etc
1) Personal orders of Tea, coffee, Cold Drinks, Mineral Water,
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, etc.
2) Personal expenditure of any kind.
3) Insurance Coverage.
4) Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
5) Any other charges not specifically mentioned in "Fee Includes"
2) Adventure for all
3) Glimpses of History
4) A walk in the "forbidden" forests of Sahyadri Tiger Reserve.
5) Lots of fun filled time