Sale Date Ended
One day trek to Tandulwadi
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 1900 ft. from MSL
Grade: Easy - Medium
Base Village: Tandulwadi
Date: 07 th January 2018
History of Tandulwadi fort: Tandulwadi fort was strategically very important fort in Palghar region. It was used to keep a watch on neighboring forts and the Arabian Sea. Vaitarna river flows to the east of this fort. On top of the fort one can find many water cistern and remains of ramparts. There is no potable water on the fort. It is said that fort was in the hands of Portuguese and then Peshwas. Before that Maratha used to rule. In Monsoon, fort offers stunning views of the surrounding Saphale village, Zanzori lake and the confluence of the Surya and Vaitarna rivers.
04:58 am: Catch the Dahanu local (From Churchgate)
06:34 am: Reach Saphale station
07:00 am: Move towards Tandulwadi village in private vehicle
07:30 am: Reach base village followed by a brief round of introduction
07:45 am: Have tea and breakfast
08:15 am: Start the trek
10:30 am: Reach the top of the fort and explore
12:30 pm: Start descending
01:30 pm: Reach base village and have lunch
02:30 pm: Leave for Saphale stn in private vehicle
03:05 pm: Catch the Dadar Fast local
Cost:INR 750 5% GST
● Lunch (Veg / Non veg)
● Transportations from Saphale to Saphale
● Any other personal expenses
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
Things To Carry:
● A good trekking shoe
● Identity proof (Mandatory)
● At least 2 Liters of water (Mandatory)
● Full sleeves t-shirt and full length pant (Mandatory - To protect from sun, insects, etc)
● Extra pair of clothes (Mandatory - To change after trek(Can be kept in vehicle during the trek))
● A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking
● In rainy season, pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
● In rainy season, Rain coats/ Wind chitter / Poncho etc (Optional)
● Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. (Optional)
● Cap, Scarf, Sun glasses etc. (Optional)
● Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.