Sale Date Ended
The mountains have been an ever flowing source of energy to the human beings. The older generations used them as safe houses and the modern generations are using them as getaways from day today life. The mountains near the place where you have grown up are the most inviting and warm places, almost like second home. Or say a sanctuary. So, likewise, there is this one mountain close to my heart and also of utmost importance in Maratha History: Fort Raigad.
Raigad: The Capital fort of The Great Maratha King Shivaji Maharaj. This fort was selected by Maharaj himself looking at the geographical location. Hill standing tall at 845 Mtrs, is somewhat separated from the main mountain range is considered as the most secured.
On a clear day, one can see Rajgad, Torana and Lingana on east, Kokandiva on North, Vasota, Pratapgad and Makarandgad on South with Rivers Kaal and Gandhari flowing on Western side.
The Hill has cliffs on 3 sides and can be easily approached by one side. Hence the Maratha Emperor chose this place as their throne.
Odyssey Type: One Day
Difficulty Level: Low
Endurance Level: Medium
Route: Pune – Tamhini – Nizampur – Pachad - Raigad
Distance From Pune: 130 Kms
Altitude: 850 mtrs ASL
24 February 2019
04:30: Reporting at Rajaram Bridge Corner
05:00: Departure towards Base Village (Pick up Point: Chandani Chowk)
9:00 Arrival at Base Village – Pachad
09:00 to 16:00 Trek & Exploration with Lunch
16:00 start descending & tea at base
17:30 Departure to Pune,
21:30 Expected Arrival at Pune
1) Water 2 liters or more
2) Good Rucksack with rain cover
3) Personal Medicines if any
4) ID Proof
5) Non disposable plate, spoon & bowl.
1) Dry foods like: Chikki, Chocolates and cakes etc.
2) Extra Pair of clothes & sleepers/ floaters
3) Rain protection / wind cheater/ cap / scarf as per the weather.
4) Hand Towel
5) Sunscreen lotion / face wash
6) Camera or Binoculars
1) Travel by a private non AC bus.
2) Breakfast, Lunch & high tea
3) Adventure Experts & Leaders
4) First aid kit.
5) Safety & Tested Equipments
6) 5% Government Service Tax
7) Personal Entry, Toll & Parking etc
1) Personal orders of Tea, coffee, Cold Drinks, Mineral Water, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, etc.
2) Personal expenditure of any kind.
3) Insurance Coverage.
4) Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
5) Any other charges not specifically mentioned in "Fee Includes"