Sale Date Ended
Chennagiri is a part of a hill range near the Nandi Hills area, about 60 km from Bengaluru. The hill range consists of a group of 3 hills is a great weekend trek for anyone who would like a very good introduction to trekking.
We begin the trek by walking to the bottom of Chennagiri's ridge on the right side. From here on we will be sticking to this ridge until we near the summit. The terrain consists of arid shrub forests and volcanic boulders that are typical of the deccan plateau region. The trail is challenging and features some of the best views of the Deccan wilderness landscape. The trail ends at the temple pond at the peak.
Overall Chennagiri is a 2 hour long hike to the peak with some of the most rewarding views of the untouched landscape. Other famous hills such as skandagiri and Nandi Hills are visible from the peak and make for a picture straight out of a postcard.
Distance: From Bangalore: 60kms
Difficulty level: Easy-Moderate
06:30 AM - Pickup from BMC, Indiranagar
06:45 AM - Pickup from New Shanti sagar Hotel, Domlur
07:00 AM - Pick up from Garuda Mall, Magrath Road
- Have breakfast on the way and pack lunch
- Start Trekking, Reach peak, explore. Have packed lunch
- Trek down and Depart to Bangalore
- Have tea/coffee on the way back
07:30PM - Reach Bangalore
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points.
- Personal medication (if any)
- One strong backpack
- Water bottles (enough to carry at least 2 liters of water)
- Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucon-D, etc)
- Light-coloured full arm clothes (preferable)
- Sports shoes (for better grip)
- Camera (optional)