Sale Date Ended
Page Views : 10
The trio of forts, Mahuli, Palasgad and Bhandardurg stands tall near Asangaon in Thane District. The mountain range is a part of Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary and can be accessed from Asangaon.
Historically, the records before Shri Shahaji Maharaj are not known. The fort was under Nizam rule and Shri Shahaji Maharaj utilized the place as safe house during the childhood of Shri Shiv Chhatrapati for the family and important personnel. There were conquests for the fort between Mughals and Marathas until 1817 AD. British - East India company destroyed the steps around 1818 AD and the access to the fort was lost.
There are few ponds – cisterns, caves & entrances which indicate a glorious past. One can see a a good 360 degree view from the top with Alang Madan & Kulang, Kalsubai, Harishchandragad, Matheran & Tungareshwar.
Odyssey Type: One Night One day
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Route: Pune (Rajaram Bridge) – University Circle - Lonavala - Murbad
Distance From Pune: 200 Kms
Region: Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary
18 October 2019
19 October 2019
04:00 Arrival at Base & Rest
05:30 Wakeup call
06:00 Breakfast & Briefing
10:00 Start Descending
13:00 Arrive at Base & Lunch
14:00 Departure towards Pune
17:30 High Tea
19:30 Arrival at Pune
1) Water 2 liters or more in non disposable bottles
2) Good Rucksack with rain cover
3) Personal Medicines if any
4) ID Proof
5) Non Disposable plate, spoon, bowl
1) Dry foods like: Chikki, Chocolates and cakes etc.
2) Extra Pair of clothes & sleepers/ floaters
3) Rain protection / wind cheater/ cap / scarf as per the weather.
4) Hand Towel
5) Sunscreen lotion / face wash
6) Camera or Binoculars