The Nrityasabha festival is a visual treat for dance connoisseurs and art lovers of Pune. The festival will showcase a variety of performances by some of the best artists of India on all three evenings. Workshops, seminars and presentations by eminent Dance academicians will also be held in the mornings. An exhibition and sale of dance related accessories, costumes, art , instruments and much more comes to Pune as Part of Nrityasabha Dance Festival 2013.
Date 8th Nov 2013 – 4pm onwards
4pm Padma Bhushan Dr S B Mujumda,Guru Ms. Nandini Ramani, disciple of Guru Balasaraswati, Guru Amita Dutt and Dr Sucheta Chapekar will light the lamp and inaugurate the Nritya Sabha festival organised by Nritya Prerana School of Dance.Felicitation of Dr Sucheta Chapekar for her 50 years contributions as a Bharatnatyam exponent.
• Invocatory composition invoking the blessings of the deities, will be performed by students of Nritya Prerana
• 530 to 6 pm -Disciples of Guru Jayashree Rao, disciple of Guru Raaji Narayan, and her troupe from Mumbai Bhaaratnatyam.
• 6.10-6.40 pm Pavitra Bhatt, disciple of Guru Deepak Muzumdar and his troupe.Bharatnatyam, Mumbai
• 6.50 to 7.20 pm Guru Ragini Choksi and her troupe. Mumbai Bharatnatyam..
• 7.30 to 830pm. Narayaniya namo namaha by Nrityaprerana Dance company Bharatnatyam..
Date 9th Nov 2013
Morning session – 10 am onwards
• Workshop by Guru Nandini Ramani on Thanjavur Margam. She will teach a padam . Qs ans session to follow lec/dem.
Evening session – 4 pm onwards
• 4- 430 pm Guru V Soumyashree of DevMudraa Aurangabad with her senior disciples (Kutchipudi)
• 4.40-5.10pm Acharya Ranjani Ramesh Bangaluru and her troupe.
• 5.30-7 pm “Mayar Khaela” – The Play of Illusions(in Bengali), written by Rabindranath Tagore by the Nritya Prerana Dance Company – along with the Surajhankar music group,Composition by Mr. Amit MItra and Dr. Mrs Dutta Principal of Surzhankar Pune.
• 7 pm-830 pm Bharatnatyam Performance by Thanjavur gharana Guru Nandini Ramani ,disciple of Guru Balasaraswati (Chennai) and her versatile daughter Sushama Ranganathan.
Date 10th Nov 2013
Morning session – 9 am onwards
• 9.30 am Kalawardhini troupe Disciples Of Guru Dr Sucheta Chapekar will present ARDHANAARISHWAR -concept and choreograhed by Ms Arundhati Patwardhan andpresented along with her troupe.
•10 am-1 pm Nattuvangam workshop by Nattuvanar Kalishwaran kadervellu Pillai.Please bring your Nattuvangams with you for participating in the learning process.i
• 3 - 4 pm Guru Amita Dutt’s presentation on Rabindranath Tagore’s role in propagating dance.
• Evening session –4 pm onwards
• 4- 4.30 pm Guru Kaliswaran Pillai and Troupe Bharatnatyam Mumbai.
• 4.40-5.10 pm Prachitee Dange Troupe,i Disciples of Guru Yogini Gandhi Pune -Oddissi.
• 530 to 620 ‘Kshirasamudraudbhuta Ratnani” Churning of the Milky Ocean by Nrityaprerana dance company Troupe
• 7 pm to 830 pm Kathak Performance by Guru Amita Dutt and her troupe (Kolkatta).
• NO ENTRY PASSES ARE REQUIRED ALL ARE WELCOME TO LEARN AND ENJOY THE FESTIVAL.
Exhibition of all dance accessories with stalls for sale like cds ,dvds ,books, sarees, jewellery, dance dresses, flowers etc will be available including Chennai based jeweller’s stall with temple jewellery. GIRIJA CATERERS will have a counter where snacks,lunch and dinner can be purchased by all.
Performers of Nritya Prerana dance company -
and 95 students of Nritya Prerana school of Dance