Sale Date Ended
Page Views : 4
Small Steps Adventures: NIGHT TREK and CAMPING at Kalavantin on 23th-24th December 17
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Thakurwadi
Date: 23th-24th December 17
Prabalgad fort, or Muranjan fort in its present form, was built during Bahmani Sultanate to keep an eye on Panvel Fort and Kalyan Fort in North Konkan. Around 1458 AD, Malik Ahmad, the prime minister of the kingdom of Ahmednagar, took over the fort during his conquest of Konkan. During the collapse of the Ahmadnagar Sultanate, Shahaji tried helping them unsuccessfully against the separate forces of the Mughal Empireand the Adil Shahi dynasty and moved to Muranjan, along with wife Jijabai and younger son Shivaji for a brief period.
The fort was conquered by Shivaji from the Mughals in 1657, after he establishing himself in the Kalyan-Bhivandi area.
There is a dense forest on the way till the top. Historical references indicate that Freedom fighter Umaji Naik made a stay here in 1826. The fort top commands an excellent view of the surroundings with Prabalgad in the front. Matheran, Chanderi, Irshal,Karnala, Manikgad, etc can be easily identified.
Also, Get ready with your cameras to shoot the actual stars. Nothing can beat the visibility of stars in dark skies.
Meeting Point: @ Panvel railway Station, 6:30 PM
6:30 pm: Meet @ Panvel Railway Station
6:45 pm: leave from Panvel for base village
7:30 pm: Introduction & Start trek
9:00 pm: Reach prabalmachi (base village), Dinner.
Trek schedule next day:
5:00 am: Wakeup Call & Refreshment.
5:30 am: Start ascending kalavantin
8:00 am: Explore top of kalavantin and start descending.
10:00 am: Breakfast at Prabalmachi.
10:30 am: Start descending prabalmachi and reach Panvel railway station.
INR 1200 per head
Dinner (veg / non veg), Toilet facility, camping in tent / dormitory, Breakfast & Tea, Travelling from Panvel to Panvel, first aid kit, GST, and expertise charges.
Any other personal expenses other than above
Things to carry:-
At least 2 ltrs of drinking water.
Torch with extra batteries.
Photo ID card.
Good trekking or sport shoes.
Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
Jackets (photo acche aate hey)
Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (if required)
bedsheet / chadar
Any personal medicine.
****Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Contact: -
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c no.: 1043102000005333
A/c type: Current account
IFSC – IBKL0001043
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.