Naneghat Trek | Mapping Journeys
Sale Date Ended
Naneghat is one the most well-known passes of its time. Literally, the name nane means "coin" and ghat means "pass". The name is given because this path was used as a tollbooth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills.
This sheer cliff is a well know landmark, very clearly visible from Konkan region as you pass on your way from Kalyan towards Malshej. The walls of this pass come out from the main range and hence command a magnificent view of the great bend in the Sahayadri. This is a pass, which once in history, enjoyed prime importance. The inscriptions, the steps, the rock-cut rest houses, and the cisterns all point out the historic fact that this route was frequently used as far back as the 1st century B.C. The Naneghat area and the caves are now very popular due to an easy access from Malshej ghat road. The trek takes around 2.5hrs to reach the top, on route we come across streams to cross, stone ladders to ascend, a big beautiful cave and finally the vast foggy top.
1) Holiday/ Accident Insurance is not the liability of Mapping Journeys or any person/s representing mapping Journeys. Each adult will be asked to sign the liability waiver.
2) Mapping Journeys program plans and itineraries are subject to change or adjustment based on a number of factors. These include, but are not limited to, route conditions, weather, terrain, and many other factors. Mapping Journeys has complete discretion to change plans to accommodate any of these or other factors, including discretion to change program schedule or itinerary, and change guides or staff, as necessary for the proper and safe conduct of the program. We reserve the right to cancel any program due to inadequate signups, weather or route conditions. The refund for the same shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
3) All our explorations are nature-friendly. Smoking and consumption of alcohol is allowed/disallowed depending upon the type of event/services.
4) Mapping Journeys is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind, to any person or property, suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of Mapping Journeys including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of Mapping Journeys or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate.
5) In case of a participant turning later than the scheduled time for an event, we have the full authority to continue ahead without the participant and provide/not provide refund for the same.
6) Please note that cancellation charges are calculated on the total actual amount payable and not on the advance amount/early bird discount paid.
7) Mapping Journeys allows transfer of the amount to any other scheduled events, valid upto 3 months from the date of cancellation. In such case only the refund amount as applicable by the refund/cancellation policy will be transferred to the next event.
8) Participant needs to confirm about the seat availability before making any payments. All bookings done without confirmation, the amount for the same will be refunded deducting the transaction charges(if any) withing 7 working days of the completion of the event.
8) Violation of any above-mentioned terms would lead to debarment from the exploration and we do not hold the responsibility for the safety of the person, thereafter. No refund would be provided for violation of the same.
For Cancellation, If you inform us
10+ days prior to event - 20% of the total event costs would be deducted.
05+ days prior to event - 40% of the total event costs would be deducted.
03+ days prior to event - 60% of the total event costs would be deducted.
All refund process will be done within 7 WORKING DAYS after the completion of the event.
Mapping Journeys may change these policies anytime without prior notification.