Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
563 km, 8 days, 8 ferries, 5 districts, 2 states, 1 region – the Konkan. Are you ready to discover it by the world’s most eco-friendly and energy efficient form of transport?
The Konkan coast is of the most scenic coastal stretches in the world. On this unique and fully supported cycling expedition, organised by cycle-touring experts - Pedal Thirst Adventures and heritage travel experts - Swadesee we will explore the immense cultural heritage, historical and natural beauty of the region, while testing our own endurance and penchant for adventure!
DISTANCE AND ELEVATION : 563 km, 6700 m elevation gain
START POINT : Mumbai (Gateway of India) - 5th January, 6:30 am
SHORT ITINERARY :
Day 1: Alibag to Diveagar, 86 km
Day 2: Diveagar to Karde, 79 km
Day 3: Karde to Velneshwar, 75 km
Day 4: Velneshwar to Ganeshgule, 80 km
Day 5: Ganeshgule to Vijaydurg, 54 km
Day 6: Vijaydurg to Tarkarli, 92 km
Day 7: Tarkarli to Vengurla, 42 km
Day 8: Vengurla to Anjuna (Goa), 55 km
COST : ₹ 14,990
DISCOUNT : Early bird discount of ₹ 1000 only for those booking before 31st October.
1. Accommodation in neat and clean local homestays on triple/four sharing basis
2. Authentic local breakfast, lunch and dinner from day 1-7, breakfast and lunch on day 8
3. Filtered drinking water and fresh, local beverages along the route
4. All travel costs such as ferry crossing fees
5. A trained guide on a cycle along the route along with the necessary repair kit
6. A support vehicle all along the route, which would take care of your luggage
7. A mechanic along with the group to take care of running repairs
1. Cycle hire: We can provide cycles on hire at Alibag at an additional cost of ₹3000, which you can use to cycle from there till Goa.
2. Transport costs to Mumbai and back from Goa (for individuals and personal cycles). Cycles can be carried back home either in volvo buses or trains. The support vehicle also can be used to get cycles till Pune at an extra cost of ₹ 500 per cycle.
3. Overnight stay in Goa on day 8.
4. Any expenses of personal nature
5. Any kind of cost needed for major repairs and spares to repair a personal cycle in case of break down
6. Any kind of insurance
7. Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures or Swadesee
8. Items not specified above in ‘Inclusions’
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Moderate - Difficult
This trip involves long cycling efforts on continuously ascending and descending roads. This also would need good endurance, both mental and physical, from the participants. This expedition is meant for adventurous people who want to test their endurance limits while at the same time want to explore untrodden paths and learn about the magnificent Konkan region!
If you can complete 40-50 km of riding within 4 hours, you are fit enough to join this expedition!