Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
MTB NAINITAL CHALLENGE 2017 Following the unprecedented success of series of MTB events in 2014, 2015 & 2016, it is no surprise that WTH is back for its third year. WTH is thrilled to launch the MTB NAINITAL. For 2017 the route has been polished up and with the introduction of one of Kumaon’s finest trails, this series will positively quench your thirst for adrenaline. An exciting brand new venue making its debut on the 2017 calendar. With some of the most varied trails we have ever ridden, this is set to be a one of the best yet! MTB Nainital, Uttarakhand’s landmark cycling event will see cyclists of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds, riding on bikes of all shapes and sizes, in celebration of cycling.
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in the Walk to
Himalayas MTB Nainital Challenge. On registering, YOU AGREE to the Terms and Conditions of
Entry and Rules of the Event below.
1. The participant does not have priority over either road or off road users and will ride sensibly
and legally at all times with consideration to other riders and all other users of the route. The
participant acknowledges that the route(s) are widely used by walkers, horse riders and families
with small children and dogs.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the
event premise and during the ride itself. Walk to Himalayas does not accept responsibility for
the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
3. Each participant, upon signing on, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding
the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and
distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
4. All participants under the age of 18 shall have had a consent form (during signing on) completed
by their parent/guardian and riders under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or
guardian during the entire ride.
5. The participant agrees to receive Pre Event and promotional communications from Walk to
All riders MUST sign-on at the event HQ at least 30 minutes before the event start time and the
number board allocated should be fixed to the bike and visible at all times.
6. Each participant accepts full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need
7. It is mandatory that all riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet. Any rider not wearing a
helmet will be disqualified from the event and could be liable for damages if involved in an
accident on that basis. The rider must accept this as a condition of entry. WTH reserves the right
to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
8. The Participant confirms that they understand and accept that they are responsible for the
roadworthiness and safe working order of their own cycle, that the use of triathlon handlebars
or similar is prohibited, that lights (front & rear with adequate battery life) must be used during
hours of dusk/darkness and that no accompanying vehicles are allowed to follow riders.
9. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads. Absence
of these signs does not signal that there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual
rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking
of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is
deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
10. WTH reserves the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. Participants do not
have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened.
11. Participants understand and accept that whilst all reasonable effort has been made by WTH to
make the events safe and enjoyable, WTH does NOT accept liability for any accident, damage,
theft, injury or illness to entrants, spectators, or any other person, vehicle or property
whatsoever. Participants agree that NO liability whatsoever shall attach to WTH, promoting
organisations, members of the promoting organisations, landowners, event officials, volunteers,
or event sponsors in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by the participant in or by
reason of the event HOWEVER CAUSED.
12. By entering the event location you agree to be filmed / photographed and to the use of your
image in any footage used by WTH or any official sponsors for their own publicity in any media
13. All riders must report to the finish, even if they retire. Not doing so will mean that a search may
be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
14. Event entry fees cannot be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
15. WTH reserves the right to cancel any event, due to extreme weather conditions, strikes, trade
disputes, breakdowns, government or political action, interruption of transport, acts of war or
terrorism, acts of omissions by a third party for any other reasons whatsoever outside of WTH
control. In such an event, each participant’s entry with be automatically moved to the
rescheduled event. If a Participant cannot make this event, they can carry their entry to another
event organised by WTH of an equal or lower ticket value within the following 6 month period.
No refunds will be issued.
16. Every rider affirms that he/she is in good health. He/she declares that he/she is physically fit and
capable to participate in the event. Every rider understands it can be a strenuous day out with
significant amounts of climbing and distance to be cycled in order to complete the course.
17. Every rider has to acknowledge that he/she has read and understand this entire waiver of
liability and agrees to be legally bound by it. This is done when registering on the day of the