Sale Date Ended
Matikochar is a beautiful meadow which is a short and easy trek from Manali. One gets amazing panoramic views of the Kullu valley from the meadows and also the snow clad Himalayan peaks visible from here.
The starry night skies above and well lit valley below make for a surreal view and will leave you spellbound with its beauty and grandiose.
Duration: 2 nights/ 3 days (trek)
Difficulty level: Easy. Perfect for first timers
Trail: Gradual climb through thick forests with amazing views
Terrain: Meadows and thick forests of Pine, Cedar, and Apple orchards
Maximum elevation: 2,200 m
Day 1: Manali to Matikochar (5-6 hrs trek)
The trek to Matikochar begins from the Jana village which is around 30 km from Manali. It is a beautiful walk through small villages and Thick forests of Pine and Deodar. The trek provides a beautiful view of the Kullu valley and the snow clad Himalayan peaks.
Overnight camping at Matikochar.
Day 2: Matikochar to Photasaur and back to Matikochar (6-7 hrs trek)
Today we go on a beautiful hike to the small natural lakes at Phutasor. The hike is steep initially but becomes gradual and takes us through the dense forest of pine, oak and rhododendron, and beautiful meadows. We hike back to our camp at Matikochar in the evening.
Overnight camping at Matikochar
Day 3: Matikochar to Jana and drive back to Manali
We trek back to the Jana village, from there you’ll be driven back to Manali.
1. Camping accommodation (2 nights)
2. All meals, snacks & tea/ coffee during the trek
3. Service of guide, cook, porters during the trek. Your luggage will be carried by our pack animals. You will only need to carry a small day pack consisting of a water bottle, packed lunch, poncho and a camera
4. Camping/ trekking permits
5. Camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, trekking mattresses, kitchen tent, cooking utensils and cooking equipment)
6. Transport – road transfers (if required) for the trek
Price does not include:
1. Anything not mentioned in price includes
2. Meals/ accommodation in Manali
3. Personal expenses
5. Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances (landslides/ road blocks/ bad weather conditions etc)
Other expenses (Depending on how you travel to Manali from Delhi):
1. Overnight Volvo from Delhi to Manali: Between 1150/- and 1300/- per ticket per person. Budget 2,500/- for the return ticket
2. Room in a guest house for shower before and after the trek (Between 250/- and 500/- per room – varies depending on season and crowd in Manali)
Be prepared for:
1. 5-7 hours of trekking (easy) - if it snows, the difficulty level will go up a notch. So ill the fun and excitement
2. Days are expected to be pleasant with bright sunshine, however, nights will be cold. There are chances of rain in this area, so be adequately prepared (Rain suit, poncho)
3. Unexpected weather conditions and patterns. In case of any unexpected weather, we might need to turn back
4. In case of landslides or unexpected circumstances, there may be a change in the itinerary and a consequent rise in costs (this will be on actual)
5. You will be required to sign a liability waiver
6. Easy grade trek, no prior experience required. That said, you need to have basic fitness levels to walk at the altitudes and for the durations mentioned
What you will need to take care of:
Getting to Manali and back from Manali to Delhi. If you need help in bus (Volvo) bookings, please let us know
1. Accommodation in Manali (before/ after the trip). Say the word and we’ll happily organize accommodation for you in Manali in a charming guest house/ 3 star/ luxury resort as per your preference
2. Meals in Manali – ask us for the best suggestions J and share the goodies!
3. Sounds like a plan? Click on the button below and join the fun :)