Sale Date Ended
Mastering Operational Risk Management
2-Day Risk Management Workshop led by Dr. Ranjan R. Chakravarty
Imarticus Learning is pleased to announce a 2-Day Risk Management Workshop as part of its ongoing Imarticus Management Development Program that focuses on Executive Education. This 2-day workshop has been designed to deliver a deep, practical understanding of operational risk management frameworks and measurement methodologies in organizations.
The workshop will equip participants with new thinking, tools and techniques, inculcating an innovative and creative approach to problem solving and risk management. It will be led by one of India’s leading Risk Practitioners, Dr Ranjan R. Chakravarty, whose global reputation and experience in risk management and risk control spans over 22 years and senior leadership positions in top tier international banking and financial institutions across Wall Street, Europe and Asia.
This workshop will enable participants to:
• Design and implement an effective operational risk management platform
• Execute an operational risk assessment and measurement program
• Understand how to capture, report and investigate operational risk events, how to produce meaningful Risk MI including Key Risk Indicator (KRI) data and trend analysis, and how to implement operational risk appetite
• Apply the best practice models and methodologies for operational risk management
Key Topics Covered:
• Operational risk in context
• Performing the Ops Risk function
• Metrics & technology for Ops Risk
• The regulatory environment
• Identification techniques
• Measurement & reporting of Ops Risk
• Managing reputation risk
The workshop has been designed for senior Managers in organizations, in particular Operational Risk, Financial Control, Operations, Technology, Compliance, Audit and Legal Officers.
Date: 21st and 22nd January 2016
Time: 9 am to 6 pm
Venue: JW Marriot, Sahar, Andheri East, Mumbai
Fees: Rs. 52,500/- plus taxes, inclusive of tuition and presentation material.
Lunch and refreshments will be served at the venue. (Special discount of 10% for a group of 3 or more participants or registrations before 30th November, 2015).
About Dr Ranjan R. Chakravarty:
A natural pioneer in Basel II and III implementation, and a specialist in risk management at Bankers Trust New York (now Deutsche Bank), BankBoston (now Bank of America Merrill Lynch)and GE Capital in the US, Dr Ranjan was an early developer of stress testing and scenario analysis methodologies and one of the industry’s first implementers of RAROC. Dr. Chakravarty has been Managing Director and Asia Pacific Head of Risk Control for commercial and investment banking for Hypovereinsbank. He has also been Managing Director at DBS Bank, Singapore, and Head of Risk, Research and Products for MCX-SX.
An alumnus of Columbia Business School, University of Texas at Arlington and Syracuse University, Dr. Chakravarty’s research has been published in the Journal of Banking and Finance and cited in leading journals. He has appeared on Bloomberg and his opinions on risk have been quoted in publications across the financial press worldwide.
About Imarticus Learning
Established in 2012, Imarticus is India's leading Financial Services and Analytics professional education company, which assists individuals and firms in meeting their human capital and skillset requirements through our range of bespoke training programs. Imarticus is headquartered in Mumbai, and has presence in over 10+ cities in India.
• Experienced Educators: Having educated over 10,000 individuals, Imarticus is in a unique position to understand the learning needs of aspirants and design it’s training to be stimulating & relevant. Imarticus has a range of customized delivery methods such as classroom training, elearning, workshops and seminars that are delivered globally and are managed by a fully integrated learning management and governance system. Imarticus Learning has an international affiliation with CISI and IIBA.
• Faculty and Leadership: Imarticus is led by senior professionals from universities such as Columbia, MIT, Harvard and INSEAD, with 150+ years of combined experience in the Technology, Analytics and Financial Services domain. In addition, Imarticus has over 20+ dedicated faculty and over 80+ empaneled faculty members in the field of Financial Services and Analytics.
• Corporate Connect: Imarticus is the preferred sourcing & corporate training delivery partner for over 80 firms, which include leading Global & Domestic Banks, Consulting, KPO’s, Technology & Analytics firms. Some of these clients include HDFC Bank, BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and more.
• Career Assistance: The Imarticus Career Services team provides a customized career approach for every student. The team conducts interview preparation, resume building workshops, 1-1 mock interviews while also providing access to Imarticus’s extensive corporate network and recruitment teams.
• Mentorship: Mentorship is unique to Imarticus Learning, where industry experts from leading Analytics firms will advise and mentor students in their journey towards job-readiness. A dedicated senior level industry professional, with over 10 years of experience is assigned to every student.