Sale Date Ended
The Art of showing data in a visual context & applying the presentation science to show it in the right format is Data Visualization. In this day and age of data, the ability to craft a compelling story using data is a critical skill that every product leader should have for enabling decision making and also influencing stakeholders. In this workshop, you will learn about 5 useful concepts that will help lay down the foundation to get you started on this journey.
1. Introduction to Data Visualization: In the first part we will focus on understanding the basics of Data Visualization and why this is a must-have skill for everyone. We’ll also get into some of the brain science behind Data Visualization and understand what is it that enables us to process visual information so efficiently when compared to other formats of information such as text or numbers.
2. Principles of Information Design & Visual Design: In the second chapter we will learn about the Principles of Information design and understand some of the best practices in Visual design. For example: how to create an emphasis on visualization or when to use the right chart for presenting data. We will learn about an important concept called Visual literacy and understand why this is a foundational skill to understand visual information.
3. Deep Dive into Data Visualization: In the third part of this workshop, we will jump straight into Data visualization and understand how to draw up visualizations using graphs and charts. We will also cover some of the best practices on when to use which chart for effective information communication.
4. Storytelling using data: In the fourth part – we’ll talk about Storytelling using data – i.e. the ability to tell a story using data. This is a potent skill to have for all product leaders as it enables you to narrate a compelling data-driven story to influence stakeholders and also in decision making.
5. Looking ahead: In the last part of this course, we will talk about some of the future trends in Data Visualization and the technological advancements that are happening in this area. We will also cover the top 10 resources and tools that you should explore to gain knowledge and build skills in Data Visualization.