Sale Date Ended
Date : 06th Aug 2017! (One Day)
Type : Hill Fort.
District : Raigad, Near Panvel.
Height : 1500 ft. (approx).
Grade : Medium (First timers, not fit in general might find this trek strenuous).
Organized by : Mapping Journeys Pvt Ltd.
See the pictures here : https://goo.gl/photos/
Manikgad, although a less explored fort has an amazing experience to offer, specially during monsoon season. The more explored and longer route is from Panvel.We will be ascending from Pen-Khopoli, which is an easy route.
The route will be Pen-Khopoli rd - Varsai - Ghote. The base village from this side is called Ghote.
Our Moksh Mantra adventure campsite lies at the base of Manikgad before Ghote, which will be our halting point for freshning up and lunch.
About the terrain:
The length that needs to be covered Moksh Mantra to Manikgad top is 5km.
Flat/Climb/Descent : 1km/2.5km/1.5km
The climb from Ghote is gradual, only the last kilometer being steep.
This trek can be done even by first timers lead a fitter lifestyle.
Why you should trek here?
1. The route from the Pen-Khopoli is less strenuous compared with the route that most take from Panvel. For people who would be trekking for the first time, this route offers small river crossing, jungle trek and a visit to our Moksh Mantra campsite.
2. View : Manikgad offers breathtaking views of the surrounding region . On a clear day, one can easily see forts like Karnala, Prabalgad, Chanderi, Malang gad, Irshalgad, Sondai, Lohagad, Visapur from the top.
3. Food : Be a nomad for a day and get to taste the local cuisines.
4. Health : Hiking/Trekking is one of the best way to stay in good shape and good health.
5. Clean Indian and Western washrooms and changing facilities at our campsite on the way.
6. Comfort zone : Coming out from our closets to meet new people, share travel stories and ideas is what Team Mapping Journeys offers and looks for.
Sunday : 06th Aug
Bus Meeting Point :
06:00 am : Dadar East Near Pritam Dhaba.
06:30 am : Chembur Near Yogi hotel.
07:00 am : Vashi Near Main Bridge.
07:30 am : Kalamboli Mc D.
10:00 am : Reach Moksh Mantra campsite after which we prepare ourselves for the day's trek ahead of us.
The trek takes 2.5hrs - 3hrs to reach the top and another 2hrs to reach back down at the campsite.
Once down at the campsite lunch will be served followed by a short feedback session around the tea snacks.
The return bus journey will take 3hrs approx depending upon the traffic conditions.
We will be reaching back to Dadar before 21:00hrs.
Cost : Rs. 1750/-
Group discount applicable for four or more people.
The cost includes,
Travelling from Dadar to Dadar.
Breakfast, Lunch, Evening snacks.
Campsite entry fees.
Guide and Professional Expertise.
Safety and First aid.
Mapping Journeys team along with.
Meals during travel.
Insurance of any kind.
Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
Any item not covered under “inclusions”
Smoking and consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited. For confirmation of the seat, full amount needs to be deposited prior to the event. Prior to making any payments please confirm about the seat availability.
Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy : http://