Total time required for trekking: 3.5 hours of normal hike and a ladder
Total distance for trekking: 8 kms apx
Duration: 1 Day
About Mahuli Fort:
Mahuli Fort at 2815 ft, is a popular trekking destination and a paradise for rock climbers because of many nearby pinnacles with interesting names like Vazir, Vishnu, etc., given by the local trekking and climbing fraternity. This mountain complex is actually a group of two or more hills with common cold and pinnacles.
It is the highest point in the Thane district. The forest surrounding Mahuli has been declared as a sanctuary. Once Shahaji Raje, father of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, had this fortress. The fort has been declared as a protected monument Besides an open Shiva temple there is a small perennial drinking water cistern on top, three caves of which the larger can be used as overnight shelter, like as on many other such natural hill forts of Maharashtra Western Ghats (Sahyadri Range). There is a stone arch historically known as the 'Kalyan Darwaja' but the dome of the arch is now broken.
● Day Trek full of adventure
● Traversing the fort
● Hike through the woods
● View from the top of Fort and the cool breeze
● Adventures and easy ladder climb
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Fast Local
06:55 am CST
07:02 am Byculla
07:08 am Dadar
07:15 am Kurla
07:19 am Ghatkopar
07:35 am Thane
07:47 am Dombivli
07:54 am Kalyan
08:34 am Asangaon
Meeting Point : Asangaon Railway Station at 08:45 am
08:45 am Meet-up, and leave for base village of the trek
freshen up, have tummy tight breakfast and gear up for the trek
09:15 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
09:30 am Continue with the trekking in the woods
12:30 pm Reach Mahuli Fort, Have lunch self carried on the trek followed by some rest and then explore the surrounding,
01:30 pm Start descending towards the base village
04:30 pm Post all the masti and after clicking loads of pics, we will reach our base village, freshen-up and have some refreshments
05:30 pm Move for Asangaon via local transport, and take a return train to mumbai
07:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.600/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
Event saved successfully!
Email to Friends and Colleagues
You are invited to attend Mahuli Day Trek-Mumbai Pune Adventures-07th October 2017