Sale Date Ended
Page Views : 22
Leading SAFe 4.5 - SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification Workshop
Phalguna Ramaraju, SAFe SPC4, AKT, KMP, CAL, CSP, CSPO, CSM, PMI-ACP, PMP
Phalguna Ramaraju is a consulting Agile Coach with over 30 years of experience in the IT industry, with the last 10 years in coaching and training 100's of Agile teams at large enterprises in their software development environments. His clinets include Bank Of America, GE, Cisco, Pegasystems, Cisco, HSBC, MasterCard, and so on. He has been working as a consulting Scrum Coach / Agile Coach for large organizations in implementing Scrum and Kanban along with Agile engineering practices with real-time implementation of Agile framework models like Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe), Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS), DAD, and custom scaling of Kanban and Scrum. He has wide-intensive experience in coaching and comes from strong programming experience combined with solid leadership experience at various senior levels. Phalguna is a pioneer in Agile trainings, and has trained over couple of thousands of participants in the last few years including corporate as well public batches.
Phalguna Ramaraju holds the following certifications to his credit:
SAFe Program Consultant 4.0 (SPC4) by Scaled Agile Academy
Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) by Lean Kanban University
Kanban Management Professional (KMP) by Lean Kanban University
Certified Agile Leader (CAL-1) from Scrum Alliance
Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) by Scrum Alliance
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Scrum Alliance
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Scrum Alliance
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® by PMI
Project Management Professional (PMP®) by PMI
Scaling Agile / Scrum practices beyond certain number of teams in any enterprise needs a more disciplined coordination in addressing the complexity and variability related challenges in Software Development effort. SAFe tackles these usual tough issues in Agile like architecture, integration, funding, governance and roles at scale. Scaled Agile Framework® is a proven, publicly available framework for applying Lean-Agile practices at enterprise scale. It is field-tested framework and enterprise-friendly.
SAFe Agilist (SA) certification validates your knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, Lean Thinking, and Product Development Flow principles in an enterprise context so you can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework. After attending this workshop, you will be eligible to appear for certification exam as a SAFe (SA).
This is a two-day course which will help you gain the knowledge necessary to contribute to the Enterprise Lean | Agile Transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) and its underlying principles of Lean thinking, and Product Development Flow. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe).
Who can benefit from this course?
Project managers, Directors, Product managers, Program management personnel, Architects will benefit with the knowledge of bringing the best possible Agility and continuous improvement and Lean leadership skills.
If you are a Project Manager, Delivery Manager, Development Manager, QA Manager, Support Manager, Operations Manager, Technical Manager, Project Manager, Program Manager, Portfolio Manager, People Manager, Business Leader, Executive at any level, Scrum Master, Agile Project Manager, A leader coaching Scrum teams, Agile change agent with responsibility of leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise, this SAFe Agilist (SA) certification program helps you provide with the knowledge and certification to readily start contributing to your organization’s vision of transforming to Lean-Agile at various levels.
Two (2) day course workshop.
* Experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project experience.
* Experience in Agile flavors like Scrum / Kanban / XP
What will you take away as participant?
* Understand a holistic view of how Agility can be achieved in an organization-wide context - Enterprise Portfolio to Team level agility.
* Learn and apply Lean Agile and Product Development Flow principles for Agility - to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
* Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on real-world examples, and insights.
* Understand the leadership skills and framework related knowledge necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources.
* Gain the insights into the Lean Leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers and begin applying them in your context.
What Credentials do you get?
* Attend the two-day Leading SAFe (SAFe Agilist) course
* Take the SA exam
* You will take online course feedback survey
* Upon passing the exam, you will be able to use SAFe Agilist (SA) credential. You will receive Scaled Agile Academy membership for one year, also get access to the private SA member area, related downloads, and invitations to special events like webinars and so on.
DAY 1: FROM 09:00 AM TO 06:00 PM
1. Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
1.1 Recognize the problem to be solved
1.2 Know the basic constructs of SAFe
1.3 Apply the Implementation Roadmap
2. Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
2.1 Embrace the Lean mindset
2.2 Support the Agile Manifesto
3. Understanding SAFe Principles
Undertand the 9 Principles of SAFe
4. Experiencing PI Planning
4.1 Prepare to experience PI Planning
4.2 Create and review draft PI plans
4.3 Finalize plans and establish Business Value
4.4 Review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives
DAY 2: FROM 09:00 AM TO 06:00 PM
5. Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
5.1 Continuously deliver value with Agile Release Trains
5.2 Continuously explore customer needs
5.3 Continuously integrate
5.4 Continuously deploy with DevOps
5.5 Release on demand
5.6 Relentlessly improve results
6. Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
6.1 Lead the change
6.2 Know the way and emphasize life-long learning
6.3 Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
7. Empowering a Lean Portfolio
7.1 Fund Value Streams
7.2 Empower local decision-making
7.3 Provide objective evidence of fitness for purpose
7.4 Manage Epic-level initiatives responsibly
7.5 Forecast predictably
7.6 Budget Value Streams dynamically
8. Building Large Solutions
8.1 Coordinate and integrate multiple ARTs and Suppliers
8.2 Define large solutions