Sale Date Ended
Course Name: Kanban Management Professional – I (KMP-I) certification course of Lean Kanban University
Class room participants limit: 15
Course duration and coverage: 2 days. Training is on Kanban Systems Design.
Your Trainer Phalguna Ramaraju is an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) from Lean Kanban University and has coached Kanban teams and Scrum teams in organization like Bank of America, GE (intelligent Platforms), and so on. A more detailed profile of Phalguna Ramaraju can be found on LinkedIn.
He is the founder of Lean Agile Consultants a Licensed Training Organization of Lean Kanban University (www.LeanKanban.com)
Level of the course: A mid/senior/management/leadership level course including team lead level personnel. The objective is to understand the powerful Kanban Method and Kanban Systems Design and implement the same in your own organization to start a difference in bringing an evolutionary change. This Kanban Management Professional – I(KMP-I) certification course is accredited by Lean Kanban University (LKU).
Why Kanban? How is Kanban different from other Agile flavors?
Kanban is an evolutionary change management method which brings in sustained change by continuously improving the existing system, while other methods suggest a radical/revolutionary change. Radical or revolutionary change will attract resistance for quick change, while evolutionary change brings in change with relatively very little or no resistance.
What is the advantage of Kanban course, why should one attend?
The advantage of the Kanban course is that it is a pragmatic, evidence-based knowledge that you can put to use in your organization from the day after the workshop!
Who Should Attend?
The ideal participants for this class are those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to customers of professional service businesses.
Usual roles include: Project Managers, Support Managers, Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Subject-Matter Experts, Center of Excellence team members, Process Improvement coaches, Executives in change of business transformation, Program Managers, Portfolio Managers, Development/QA Team members, and all other executives who want to bring in a successful and sustained change that will be quickly accepted across the organization.
What You'll Learn
• All attendees will gain a deeper understanding of creating a Kanban system and the benefits of applying it to their existing workflows.
• Gain a well-founded understanding of the Kanban method, and its practices and guiding principles.
• Learn about a systems thinking approach to designing and introducing one or more Kanban system in your specific organization’s environment (Start with what you know!).
• Learn how to improve services delivery to a customer-focused and needs-sensitive one, so as to make a difference in your business.
• Gain an understanding of pull-based workflow, and how limited Work In Progress (WIP) can actually increase the efficiency in your team’s delivery of services to your customers.
The Kanban Systems Design (KMP-I) course is a 2-day overview, and application of the Kanban method, and an approach to introducing the method into your organization. It includes evidence-based information about the ability and effectiveness of Kanban, and how it can be introduced into your existing organization. The flow of course involves many group exercises, discussions, and highly interactive game play to simulate your real time work environment.
On Day 1, you’ll learn about and get experience about several key elements of the Kanban Method, such as:
• Systems Thinking
• Work Item Types
• Classes of Service
• Establishing Policies behind the work to assist your teams’ delivery
• Kanban system mechanics and indicators
• Commitment Point(s)
• Lead Time
• Capability vs Deliverability: Cumulative-Flow Diagrams
On Day 2, you’ll be presented an evidence-based application of the STATIK (Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban), and go through exercises to learn how to apply the approach to your current environment (Start with what you know!)
• Introduction to the STATIK method
• Evidence-based case study behind The Kanban Methods design
• Genesis of Kanban case study
• Understanding the context to understand the need for change
• How “Demand Analysis” assists shaping the change
• Visualizing the workflow that exists
• Discovery of, and decomposing the design behind Classes of Service
• Cadences: Delivering and Replenishing to sustain and nourish the flow of work
• Establishing a Kanban system visualization, you can use immediately
What will you receive on upon successful completion of this course?
• Professional Credential KMP-I (Kanban Management Professional - I) and Certificate from Lean-Kanban University (LKU)
• Membership of the Lean-Kanban University (LKU)
• Course material in PDF version
• Certificate of Completion from Lean Kanban University in digital format
• Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
• 14 Scrum Education Units (SEU’s) can be claimed for this course and used as part of your Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional application.
• 14 PDUs for PMI members.