Sale Date Ended
Kids Special: One Day Trek to Lohagad on 14th Nov 2017
Base Village: Lohagadwadi
Batch Size: 30
This is one of the most interesting forts to visit as it still has its fortification and doorways in pristine condition. The fort dates back to the Satvahan Era and was mainly used to keep a watch on the trade route passing through the Sahyadris.As one starts ascending the fort, 4 massive doors have to be crossed namely Ganesh Darwaza, Narayan Darwaza, Hanuman Darwaza, &MahaDarwaza. The top of the fort is expansive and has a huge lake built by Nana Phadnis.The most interesting feature of this fort is the ‘VinchuKatta’, which stretches for almost 2 kms and is slightly detached from the fort. The end of this katta has a bastion which was used for keeping a watch on the region.As the name itself suggest, the ‘VinchuKatta’ when viewed from the top of the fort resembles a Scorpions Sting.
Meeting Point: Thane Station (East side) by sharp 06:30 am
06:45 am: Airoli pick up near station on highway side
07:30 am: Kalamboli McD Pick up
08:00 am: Breakfast – Packed Tiffin
10:00 am: Reach Lohagadwadi – base village
10:30 am: Introduction, important instructions & start ascending 11:15 am: Reach to the top & explore the fort, fun activities & games 12:15 pm: Back to base village for lunch
01:30 pm: Start return journey
4:30-5:00 pm: Reach Mumbai approx. depending upon traffic.
Cost: INR 750 + 5% GST
● Expertise charges
● Thane to Thane transport
● First aid kit
● Any other personal expenses other than above & GST
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
Things to carry:
● At least 2 ltrs of drinking water
● Packed breakfast
● Photo ID card
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D
● Cap, Camera, socks
● Any personal medicine
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.