Sale Date Ended
Student Ticket; for Student upto 16 yrs
Sale Date Ended
Dinner Ticket, Not valid with out Program Ticket
Sale Date Ended
Child Ticket, For kids upto 8 yrs
Sale Date Ended
Khagol Mandal announces MARATHI overnight programme at UMROLI on 9th January 2016.
The program starts at 7.00 pm (IST) in the evening and runs up to 4.30 am (IST) next morning. The general outline of the programme is as follows:
Date: Saturday 9 January 2016.
Language of Instructions: MARATHI
VENUE: KHAGOL MANDAL Observation Site, UMROLI
For details please visit: www.khagolmandal.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/KhagolM
ENTRY by Booking ONLY
1900 to 1930 hours: Registration for the programme
1930 to 1945 hours: Introduction of Telescopes
1945 to 2030 hours: First Sky Session
2030 to 2200 hours: Observations through Telescope
2200 to 2300 hours: Dinner Break
2300 to 0100 hours: Interactive Session
0100 to 0130 hours: Tea Break
0130 to 0230 hours: Second Sky Session
0230 to 0430 hours: Observations through Telescope
These timings are tentative and may vary slightly depending on seasons and sky condition.
Rs. 250 /- per person for all participants.
Rs. 200 /- per student for all students from 8 ys to 16 yrs
Entry Free for all kids up to age 8 yrs.
Dinner facility is available at extra Rs. 150/- per person.
ON SPOT Booking for Dinner is NOT POSSIBLE at Umroli Site
IF YOU HAVE BOOKED FOR ENGLISH PROGRAM at NERAL on 9 JANUARY 2016 and switch over to MARATHI PROGRAM, please contact Swapnil Jawkar: 96193-96204
Tea given during the programme is complimentary.
The charges are non-refundable, even if the programme does not take place, because of incidental heavy rains or for any other reason beyond our control.
The entry to the program is STRICTLY by PRE-BOOKING.
You should carry your dinner tiffin, mattress / chatai for seating on open ground, sweaters, hand gloves, head scarf / muffler, Water bottle and your personal Medicine. Carying repellant like Odomas is recommended.
Please note that we are not able to provide any of the above things at the site.
Where to meet ?
Meeting point is Near ST Bus Depot Badlapur West. Pick up from Badlapur station is arranged for the train timing mentioned and is free of cost. All those who join late or wish to live early will have to arrange travel from Badlapur to site on their own.
Pick up facility is for participants reaching by 1740 Karjat Local, 1757 Badlapur Local and 1834 (Thane Karjat) local. Drop back will be after the program ends in the morning.
Location and How to reach:
Khagol Mandal Observatory, Umroli Village, Near Rahatoli Village.
The site is around 8 km from Badlapur Station West. For those coming by train, pick up facility will be available from Badlapur Station. Ample Car parking space available.The site is having all facilities. The sky condition is extremely good.
The 4.30 pm train on Karjat route from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) will take you to Badlapur at about 5.40 pm. This is a station next to Ambernath Station. Towards Platform 2 side is mountain range while on Platform 1 side is the Vaishali Theatre.
CST- Karjat: 1630 (Dep) : 1740 (Arr)
CST- Badlapur:1645 (Dep): 1806 (Arr)
Thane-Karjat: 1750 (Dep) : 1834 (Arr)
All trains going to Karjat and Khopoli stop at Badlapur.
Do I need to register for this program?
Yes. It is mandatory to have a pre-booked invitation for the Special Show.
Who will be the contact person at the site?
Pritesh Ranadive: 7875-320393
Milind Kale: 98696-10777
Is there a dinner facility on site?
Yes, at additional cost. You can book dinner while you book for the program.
Is there a drinking water facility on site?
Is there a toilet facility on site?
Is there a car parking facility on site?
Is there any age restriction for the attendee?
No. Anyone can join.
Is there a medical facility on site?
No. We have basic first aid kit…but if you have medical issues, then you carry your regular medicines.
Are there mosquitoes on site?
No. The site is open farm house, clean and free from pollution. As such there are no mosquitoes. There might be night insects…if we put on lights. But as sky show needs no light…this is not a problem. Recommended to get Odomos or some repellant on your own.
What are the restrictions on site?
Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Drunk participants are assisted to railway station from where they can go home.
Due to growing nuisance and repeated complaints….all mobile devices, laptops, Tablets and all light emitting devices, cameras with flashes will have to be SWITCHED OFF during sky observation.
Do I need to have a telescope or binocular to come to the programme?
No. During this overnight program you will able to see many different objects through telescopes arranged by Khagol Mandal. Some open cluster, Globular cluster, Galaxy, binary star, visible planet. We arrange our KM scopes, personal scopes and all instruments for everyone. You get in queue and see the object.
If you have your own binocular, telescope….do get those with you.
How is the Sky condition on day of program?
Use the following link to view satellite images. These images are updated intervals of normally 6 hours. General thumb-rule is if more water vapor seen in image there is likelihood of cloud formation. http://www.imd.gov.in/section/satmet/dynamic/insatsector-wv.htm
Check the sky on your own…and plan your visit.
What if Sky gets cloudy during program?
We wait and watch!
If sky is clouded to begin with…we wait till 2200 hrs. Then maybe pack up and get back to home.
If the last train is gone, and sky gets cloudy.....then we conduct discussion sessions. Show some slides, astro-movies and keep the show running. Uninterested people can sleep peacefully.
Where do I get train timings?
Check local train timings in time table. For mobiles...use M-Indicator. Online time table is at www.mumbailifeline.com
How to reach the programme site by Car?
For Mumbai residents Route is: Route South Mumbai -Fort- Vashi-(Navi Mumbai)-Mahape (Industrial Area)- Kalyan Shil Phata-Badalapur MIDC Road-Badlapur East-Flyover- Badlapur West-Barvi Dam road- Umroli
Route for Western suburb- up to Andheri - Jogeshwari-Powai link road-Eastern express highway- Vikhroli Mankhurd link road-Vashi-(Navi Mumbai)-Mahape (Industrial Area)- Kalyan Shil Phata-Badalapur MIDC Road-Badlapur East-Flyover- Badlapur West-Barvi Dam road- Umroli
Route for western suburb beyound Andheri- up to Malad- Arey colony road to Bhandup Sonapur junction- Airoli Flyover- Mahape(Industrial Area)-Kalyan Shil Phata-Badalapur MIDC Road-Badlapur East-Flyover- Badlapur West-Barvi Dam road- Umroli
Route for western suburb beyond Malad- Borivali-Thane link road-Kalawa-old Agra road-Mumbra- Mahape Junction-Kalyan Shil Phata-Badalapur MIDC Road-Badlapur East-Flyover- Badlapur West-Barvi Dam road- Umroli
Any other queries / issues:
Send mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I declare, confirm and agree as follows and I/my ward
1) Smoking or drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Any defaulter will be escorted out of the field and will be prohibited from joining the program. No refunds in case you are prohibited from the program.
2) This is an educational initiative and not a luxury trip. All are requested to maintain the spirit of the program and co-operate. No unruly behavior towards fellow participants will be tolerated.
3) Program coupons can be cancelled online. For offline cancellations or extension to next program please contact: email@example.com
4) Rs. 50/- per person cancellation charges will be deducted if the Program coupons are cancelled till Friday before the day of the program.
5) 50% charges will be deducted if booking is cancelled on Saturday till 11 am on the day of the program.
6) No refunds for program coupons after 11 am on the day of program.
7) Rs. 50/- per person cancellation charge will be deducted for Dinner Coupons if cancellation is done before 11 am on the day of program.
8) No refunds on Dinner Coupons after 11 am on the day of the program.
9) If due to any unforeseen circumstances like train strike, rain, clouds etc., any other natural disaster, political situation, strike or any such other case the program can be curtailed or cancelled. In such event no refunds will be provided.
10) Rain, cloud cover is beyond control of organizer and in such cases one has to wait till the clouds clear.
11) Organizers are not responsible for medical issues arising to individuals on field. The field is open field and we take care to provide comfortable atmosphere. All are requested to carry personal medicines and follow instructions related to cold and dewing on the site.
12) Khagol Mandal is a voluntary organization working for past 30 yrs. The aim of this group is to create awareness amongst our society members. All organizers, speakers, telescope volunteers are amateur astronomers sparing their time voluntary for the social cause. All participants are requested to take the efforts in proper spirit and co-operate. We cannot run a smooth show unless every participant supports us.