Sale Date Ended
3 or more
Sale Date Ended
Course Name: Kanban Management Professional – II (KMP-II) certification course of Lean Kanban University
Candidates with KMP-I participation certificate will gain the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credentials.
Class room participants limit: 12
Course duration and coverage: 2 days. Training is on successful evolutionary change.
Your Trainer Phalguna Ramaraju is an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) from Lean Kanban University and has coached Kanban teams and Scrum teams in organization like Bank of America, GE (intelligent Platforms), Cisco (Video technologies), Pegasystems, Cisco (Security Business Group) and so on. A more detailed profile of Phalguna Ramaraju can be found on LinkedIn.
Level of the course: A mid/senior/management/leadership level course including team lead level personnel. The objective is to understand the powerful Kanban Method and Kanban Systems Design and implement the same in your own organization to start a difference in bringing an evolutionary change. This Kanban Management Professional – I(KMP-I) certification course is accredited by Lean Kanban University (LKU).
Why Kanban? How is Kanban different from other Agile flavors?
Kanban is an evolutionary change management method which brings in sustained change by continuously improving the existing system, while other methods suggest a radical/revolutionary change. Radical or revolutionary change will attract resistance for quick change, while evolutionary change brings in change with relatively very little or no resistance.
What is the advantage of Kanban course, why should one attend?
The advantage of the Kanban course is that it is a pragmatic, evidence-based knowledge that you can put to use in your organization from the day after the workshop!
Who Should Attend?
The ideal participants for this class are those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to customers of professional service businesses.
Usual roles include: Project Managers, Support Managers, Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Subject-Matter Experts, Center of Excellence team members, Process Improvement coaches, Executives in change of business transformation, Program Managers, Portfolio Managers, Development/QA Team members, and all other executives who want to bring in a successful and sustained change that will be quickly accepted across the organization.
Kanban Management Professional: Foundation - II
Kanban Management Professional is a highly interactive two-day course accredited by the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) teaches advanced principles of the Kanban Method. It is for people who have already mastered the Kanban basics and want to leverage up learning from the Foundation-I class.
The Kanban method is an evolutionary approach to change and change management by starting with what you already do; respecting current roles; responsibilities and job titles; encouraging acts of leadership at all levels, and agreeing to pursue incremental, evolutionary change that evolves business processes using a Kaizen approach that reduces the risks associated with complex change programs.
Your trainer is a 30+ years experienced sensed coach who coached and trained over 3000 people in Lean & Agile including Kanban.
What will you learn?
Participants will learn
• Understanding and managing work-in-progress (WIP) at scale
• Introducing risk management practices into Kanban systems
• Implementing effective feedback loops,
• Concepts of Forecasting
• Risk Management and Cost of Delay, and so on.
What will you receive?
• Kanban Management Professional certification from LKU
• Two days of high quality instruction from your seasoned instructor
• Course materials in PDF form
• Membership of the Lean-Kanban University (LKU)
• Lean-Kanban University (LKU) certificate of course completion
• 16 Scrum Education Units (SEU’s) can be claimed for this course and used as part of your Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional application.
• How to use “cadence” in the workflow management.
• Driving Evolutionary Change explained through a case study.
• Commitment and Replenishment
• Delivery Planning
• Feedback loops to improve service delivery
o Daily “Standup”,
o Service Delivery Review
o Operation review,
o Risk Review
o Strategy Review
o Large Project Planning
• Change Management
• Understanding scheduling
• How to use “measurability” (key performance indicators) in Kanban and for service improvement.
• Scaling Kanban
Exam and Certification:
There will be an online assessment by the Trainer after the workshop and the certificate will be issued by Lean Kanban University(LKU).
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is useful for anyone who already are practicing Kanban in their work environment and are looking for further improvements for their system(s). In terms of roles, the course is suitable for
• Kanban practitioners,
• Project and Program managers,
• Line and middle managers,
• Management from inside and outside IT,
• Coaches and Trainers,
• Process improvement coaches,
• Business analysts
What are the pre-requisites for attending this workshop?
• Attendees are expected to have completed a KMP-I (Foundation-I class)
• Have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
For more details or if you have questions, please contact your coach directly: