â€‹KANAA is a social welfare trust founded by a young and vibrant group of friends. Since 2012 Kanaa has been a non-profit and non-governmental organisation run by a group of enthusiastic friends with a vision of empowering the society .
Kanaa conducts two blood donation drives every year. We are organizing our first camp for the year 2016 on Republic Day (26th Jan 2016).
"To the young and healthy it’s no loss. To sick it’s hope of life. Donate Blood to give back life."
* Blood cannot be manufactured- it can only come from generous donors.
* A pint of blood, separated into 4 component: Platelets, Red blood cells, Plasma and Cryoprecipitates can help upto three people. Hence, donating once you can save three lives.
* The volume of the donated blood replenished in the human system within 48 hours.
* There is no substitute for human blood.
Who can donate blood?
* Age between 18 and 60 years.
* Hemoglobin : not less than 12.5 g/dL.
* Pulse : between 50/minute and 100/minute with no irregularities.
* Blood Pressure : Systolic 90/180 mm Hg and Diastolic 50/100 mm Hg.
* Temperature : Normal (oral temperature not exceeding 37.5 degree Celsius).
* Health conditions: The donor should be in a healthy state of mind and body.
Who should not donate blood?
* Pregnant or lactating women or those who have recently had an abortion.
* Persons who are on steroids, hormonal supplements or certain specified medication.
* Persons who have undergone surgery in the past six months.
* Persons who have consumed alcohol 24 hours prior to donation.
* Persons donated blood and haven't completed 90 days.
* People inflicted with the following health issues should not donate blood
Heart disease, Kidney disease, Liver problem, Blood disorders, Asthma, Chest Pain, High BP, Cancer, Unexplained fever, Fatigue, Night sweats, Enlarged lymph nodes in armpits, white patches in the mouth, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, TB, HIV.
"If you’re a blood donor, you’re a hero to someone, somewhere, who received your gracious gift of life."
DATE : 26th January 2016
TIME : 9am to 1pm
VENUE: St.Sebastian's Mat.Hr.Sec School
Dr.Rajendra Prasad street, Pallavaram, Chennai- 43.
(Near St.Theresa Girls School)
Blood Bank : Right Blood Bank, Chetpet, Chennai.
Call or Sms : 91 8122881947
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit : ngokanaa.blogspot.in