Sale Date Ended
Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Event Type: Trek
Height of fort: 3700 ft approx.
Location: Karjat / Panvel
Total time required to reach base: 1 hours from Karjat railway station
Total time required for climbing: 3 hrs of normal climb
Duration: 1 Night
Irshalgad Fort is located in between Matheran and Panvel in Maharashtra. It is a sister fort to Prabalgad. The area of the fort is not large but there are several water cisterns cuts from the rock.
There is a water tank on the route from Irshal Plateau to the peak. To reach the top of the pinnacle it is essential to have artificial rock climbing equipment. From the top you can see the forts of Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Malanggad, Karnala and Manikgad.
From Chowk, Karja village (the starting point of this trek) is a comfortable 2.3 kilometres walk. From Karja village you follow a wide well defined path till Irshalwadi village. The path climbs a steep ridge and then tapers to an easy ascend till Irshalwadi. From Irshalwadi village head towards a temple dedicated to a local deity and access the Irshalgad plateau via a west-east axis. The trek is child friendly till the pinnacle base.
● Night Trek full of adventure
● Companion hills such as Prabalgad, Matheran, Manikgad, Karnala from the top
● Sight of Morbe dam and the cool breeze
● Adventures and easy climbing
We’ll be boarding the below train from our nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience.
Khopoli Semi Fast
10:04 pm CST
10:11 pm Byculla
10:18 pm Dadar
10:26 pm Kurla
10:30 pm Ghatkopar
10:38 pm Bhandup
10:46 pm Thane
10:58 pm Dombivli
11:05 pm Kalyan
11:15 pm Ambernath
11:31 pm Vangani
11:35 pm Shelu
11:39 pm Neral
11:46 pm Bhivpuri Road
11:56 pm Karjat Station Meeting Point : Karjat Railway Station at 11:56 pm
00:00 am Meet-up, freshen up and gear up for the event
01:00 am Reach base village, Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
02:30 am Reach Machi and take some rest
03:30 am Start moving towards the top to get a panoramic view of the sun rise
05:00 am Reach top settle down wait for the sun rise, click pics with the sun rise
07:00 am Post sunrise and after clicking loads of pics, we will move start our descend back to base
08:00 am Reach Machi, continue return journey
10:00 am Reach base village/ taxi stand,Have breakfast and tea
11:00 am Take a return train to Mumbai
01:30 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.700/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Local travel from Karjat to Karjat
● Unlimited breakfast at base village
● Tea in the morning
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration Cost Excludes:
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: