Shrishti Art Gallery is excited to present inBOX - one of the largest exhibitions of three dimensional artworks in India. This is a landmark exhibition in India given its size (81+ artists), its unique and relevant concept (“disposable culture” of consumption) and its venue (a 100 year old forgotten Hill Fort palace, old Ritz hotel).
The exhibition is on view till November 22, 2015. We have set up a craft store and a boutique coffee shop by "Guilt Trip" in the courtyard of the palace. Also, we have planned a number of events at the palace during the course of the exhibition,
• Ikebana & Art – Japanese art of flower arrangement as part of the art exhibition (November 8th,9th,10th)
• Two hour pottery workshop (November 14th) (To enroll please contact Shrishti at +91- 9701324912 )
• Western classical concert by Hyderabad Western Music Foundation (November 15th at 5pm)
Additional details regarding the event are below.
• inBOX: The exhibition seeks to understand the impact of “disposable culture” of consumption on the environment and human mind.
• Venue: The exhibition is being showcased in Hill Fort Palace (Old Ritz hotel in Adarsh Nagar) a heritage building built in 1915 by Sir Nizamat Jung. From its glory days of grandeur in the last century, all that remains of the palace is a shade of its former past. The palace that stands stately in the heart of the city has now been opened up exclusively for this exhibition after two decades.
• Artist: 81 artists including some of the most established names in Indian contemporary art including Bose Krishnamachari, Laxma Goud, Riyas Komu, TV Santosh, Valay Shende will participate in this quest to highlight and exhibit this consumption dichotomy through unique works of art.