Sale Date Ended
Page Views : 8
Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of fort: 4665ft approx.
Total time required to reach base: 2.30 hours from Kasara railway station
Total time required for climbing: 3 hrs of normal climb
Duration: 1 Night 1 day
Event Link :
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century.These caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya.
Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to mahadeva as a totem of tribes koli mahadev. they was control the fort before the Moguls. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
● Saptatirtha Pushkarni Temple
● Kedareshwar Cave,there is a big Shiva Linga, which is completely surrounded by water. Its height from the base is five feet, and the water is waist-deep. It is quite difficult to reach the Shiva Linga because the water is ice-cold
● Temple of Harishchandreshwar, which is a marvelous example of the fine art of carving sculptures out of stones that prevailed in ancient India
● Konkan Kada, It provides a scenic view of the surrounding region and the setting sun
● Caves on Harishchandragad, these are situated at the foot of Taramati peak, a few are near the temple, whereas some are near the citadel and some far away in the forests.
● Taramati peak, this is the topmost point on the fort.
We’ll be boarding the below train from our nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience.
Kasara Semi Fast
10:50 pm CST
10:57 pm Byculla
11:05 pm Dadar
11:13 pm Kurla
11:18 pm Ghatkopar
11:30 pm Mulund
11:34 pm Thane
11:57 pm Dombivli
12:07 am Kalyan
01:18 am Kasara
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 01:18 am
01:30 am Meet-up, freshen up, move towards the base village in taxi
03:30 am Reach Base village, and take some rest
04:30 am Wake up call, freshen up, gear up for the trek
05:30 am Breakfast/tea to start our day
06:00 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
08:30 am Reach Kedareshwar temple, have some rest with refreshments
09:00 am Reach konkankada, cherish the mighty scenery and enjoy the glimpse of the surrounding
09:30 am Enjoy second round of refreshments and tea
10:30 am Start the descend from konkankada
11:00 am Reach kedareshwar temple and caves and explore the surroundings
11:15 pm Leave from kedareshwar to reach the base village
01:00 am Reach base village, have some rest followed by the Lunch
04:00 pm Reach Kasara railway station
07:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.1100/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
The cost per head includes the following.
● Local travel from Kasara to Kasara
● Unlimited breakfast at Konkan kada and base village
● Tea in the morning
● Lunch at the end of the trek
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.