Sale Date Ended
Page Views : 125
Children are like sponges, they absorb every experience and everything in the atmosphere around them. This includes the mood their parents are in. So if parents are regularly stressed about things and constantly concerned about how their children will succeed in the future, planning a career from kindergarten, that is bound to rub off on them and lead to kids who have behavioral and emotional issues. But more and more parents are coming to realize that they sometimes need to ‘back off’ and let their children actually enjoy their, all too brief, childhood.
Welcome to the new age of ‘Happy Parenting’ where parents acknowledge that not every child can be a prodigy and where personal time is given precedence over structured classes. There are so many ways in which parents can engage with their children and ensure their holistic development without actually making children aware that they are part of a learning exercise. For instance, playing with mud and building things like a fort is excellent for their fine motor skills and imagination – who would have thought it!
Rustomjee Urbania, a township designed around the concept of ‘Childhood’s Available’, is celebrating happy parenting with a special ‘Kids Day Out’ which is dedicated to not just the children but parents and families on the 1st of December 2018.
This will be an ‘eventful’ day to say the least, with super activities to participate in which range from sports to creative arts and music and dance. Kabbadi League, Music and Movement, Kinesthetic Play, Baby Wearing Dance, Toddler Art, Stone Art, Twig Raft Creation, Soap Making, Painting Elements of Nature, Stitching, Childhood Games, Board Games, Clown Show, Mandala Art, Mud Kila, Scavenger Hunt, Photography Workshop, Free Painting, Folk Music, Bubble Display, Street Play… the list is endless. The activities have been planned so that kids of all age groups can enjoy with their parents. Leon’s World Centre for Holistic Learning and Development, Sports Area, Festival Plaza and Urban Farming zone at Rustomjee Urbania will be the venues for the various activities around the township. Moreover, the Urban Farming Zone will also host a Farmer’s Market where interesting organic and healthy produce will be available for sale.
The mega event in honor of #HappyParenting will culminate with the screening of an Open Air Movie at the Festival Plaza. The movie is tilted 'Gauru: Journey of Courage' has won two major awards at the 13th China International Children's Film Festival. The story is set in the hinterland of Rajasthan, based on the hardships of the shepherd community during the time of drought. Gauru’s grandmother’s one wish before she dies is to see her native place where she has never been since her marriage. Her son Ratnu refuses to take her as the village is very far away and in the time of drought there is barely any money to feed his family let alone consider going on a journey. The thirteen year old Gauru decides to fulfill his grandmother’s wish. He sets off with her, his sister and his sheep into the harsh desert landscape – the story traces their moments of hope and despair and the ultimate triumph of the human spirit. The movie will be a fitting end to an amazing day.
Activities in Detail
1] Kabaddi League
Kabaddi is a game which involves body and mind. It needs brisk movements, holding breath and high observation which means your body and mind should work in perfect co-ordination. There will be a friendly fun match involving all age groups and there need not be any prior experience to participate or win a match.
2] Childhood Games Ideas
Let your kids enjoy the games which have been played by the ‘unplugged’ generations before them:
l Sack race
l Spoon & Marble Race
l Three-legged race
l Tyre race
l Lagori/ Pitthu
l Hop Scotch
3] Board Games
Let children feel the excitement where fortunes can change with the roll of a dice.
List of Games:
STEM Based Mathematics Learning Games
For Grade 1 and Grade 2
a) Ocean Raiders (https://logicroots.com/ocean-raiders)
b) Cloud Hoppers (https://logicroots.com/cloud-hoppers)
2) Grade 3 and Grade 4
a) Pet Me (https://logicroots.com/pet-me)
b) Say Cheese Cafe (https://logicroots.com/say-cheese-cafe)
3) Grade 5 and Above
a) Froggy Fractions (https://logicroots.com/froggy-fractions)
b) Math Builder (https://logicroots.com/math-builder)
c) Monster Sock Factory (https://logicroots.com/monster-sock-factory)Ocean Raiders
B. Toddler 0- 4 years
1. Music and Movements- Music evokes movement, and children delight in and require movement for their development and growth. Music's melodic and rhythmic patterns provide exercise for the brain and help develop memory.
2. Kinesthetic Play- All young children are active learners – learning so much more when the learning involves hands-on ‘doing,’ moving and exploring rather than solely observing or listening. It help in the child's quick development both physically and mentally
3. Baby Wearing- Baby wearing is the act of keeping your baby close against one’s body using a baby carrier or a wrap. This workshop makes you learn how to use an ergonomic Baby carrier safely and correctly for you and your baby and ensuring you can do a workout while baby wearing
4. Toddler Art- Toddler art is all about exploring the materials and the tools and what they can do with them. Toddlers explore materials and process with all the tools and get out their creativity while having fun.
C. LITTLE EXPLORERS: 5- 8 years
1. Stone Art- Rocks + paint = fun! Creative kids can paint their own pictures on stone and even make their own toys and games. After all, for most of human history that's what kids did.
2. Twig Raft Creation- Making of Rafts using twigs, a miniature version of the actual rafts which were built using wood/tree logs in the ancient times.
3. Mud Kila (Age 5- 16 years)- Children will make small mud killas using potters clay and experience the fun workshop. Eg building a Shivaji Killa
4. Clown Meet and Greet (Age 5- 12 year)-
The Punchinellos shows - 20-25mins each - 2 shows on 1st December at our Leon’s World Center, Thane West. Timings will be between 3-4.30pm. 3 clowns will be performing. Full of life and energy the clowns are versatile and adept with kids as well as adults. They perform comedy acts, mime, magic, juggling, unicycling, stilt-walking and balloon sculpting.
5. Scavenger Hunt- Scavenger hunts are a very popular game for kids. Scavenger hunts are not just limited to kids, however; even adults and teens can still enjoy them. They are fairly easy to organize and even easier to play.
D. YOUNG INNOVATORS: 9- 12 years
1. Soap Making Workshop- Soap-making is a stress-relieving activity that helps to relax and stimulate brain functions through the multiple steps. Create your own soap with unique essential oils, carefully selected based on their aesthetics of scent, and have scents that calm the nerves and relax the mind.
E. CREATIVE TEENAGERS: 13- 16 years
1. Art- Elements of nature ( kids and parents) This will be based on the 5 elements of nature or the Panchabhutas – using relevant shapes and colours to match the corresponding elements of nature. One may do this as a collage activity of putting together 5 different pieces of small art works based on 5 elements of nature to create one big artwork.
2. Mandala Art (Kids and parents) Using art to connect with your inner self and let the powerful subconscious take over your conscious to guide you through an uncertain yet confident and a joyful experience
of creating your own Mandala - the circle of life , circle of self-expression, circle of oneness , circle of balance.
3. Photography Workshop- Let your kids express themselves creatively! Let them come out of the four walls of their home, and develop a vision of their own. Let them express themselves through their photos.
3. Art of Stitching- Learning to sew is also learning the art of patience. ... The more children practice sewing techniques the better they will become at them.
Details at a Glance:
Kids Day Out!
Venue: Leon’s World Centre, Rustomjee Cambridge International School Ground, Rustomjee Urbania, Thane(W) , Festival Plaza and Urban Farming Zone
Date: 1st December 2018
Age group: Open to all
Time: 11am - 9pm
Entry Fee: Free Entry
Language: English and Hindi
To register, please call: 9819094929 | 9819060920