Sale Date Ended
Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of fort: 2600ft approx.
Location: Matheran, Karjat
Total time required for climbing: 5 hours of normal climb
Total distance for climbing: 8 kms
Duration: 1 Day
About Garbett Point:
The climate of Matheran is very cool. The most unforgettable things about Matheran are deep forest and the waterfalls nearby, especially in rainy season. The beauty of the hill station gets doubled in monsoon. Matheran is truly 'The Best hill station in Maharashtra.
Matheran beautifully covers an area of 8 square kilometers in Sahyadris. This lovely spot was discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the collector of Thane district. Garbett point is located on South-west side of Matheran with grand view of the plateau.
● Day Trek full of adventure
● Traversing the lake
● Plateau and the cool breeze
● Adventures and easy rock climbing
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Karjat Fast Local
06:10 am CST
06:18 am Byculla
06:24 am Dadar
06:31 am Kurla
06:35 am Ghatkopar
06:50 am Thane
07:02 am Dombivli
07:10 am Kalyan
07:51 am Bhivpuri Road
Meeting Point : Bhivpuri Road Railway Station at 07:55 am
08:00 am Meet-up, freshen up, gear up for the trek
08:30 am Start the trek with a small warm up walk.
08:50 am Reach Dhom Lake, Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
09:00 am Continue with the traverse of the lake
10:30 am Reach village, take some rest and continue
12:30 pm Reach garbett plateau, take some rest and then explore the surrounding,
12:45 pm Have lunch self carried on the trek
01:00 pm Start moving towards the top to get a panoramic view of the sun rise
01:30 pm Reach top settle down njoy the surrounding, click pics and have fun
02:00 pm Post all the masti and after clicking loads of pics, we will move towards our taxi stand
03:30 pm Reach Neral station, freshen-up and have breakfast and tea
04:30 pm Take a return train to mumbai
06:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.500/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
The cost per head includes the following.
● Unlimited breakfast in the morning
● Tea in the morning
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.